Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not the worst out there, could've easily got a goal before being subbed. Hard to get the best out of a player like Paulinho alongside an invisible Lennon, a solo Townsend, ahead of a terrible Stambouli and behind a struggling Soldado.

And he really needs the crowd to get behind him and stop telling him to fuck off.

Some confidence + getting to play with more creative players would do him and us a world of good.

Just not suited to the PL.Maybe Seria A would be a better option.He's been given opportunities under AVB,Sheerwood,and now Poch,needs to much time on the ball to be effective.PL is so quick, he seems to be off the pace all the time.

Lol. Paulinho has played less than one half game of prem football this season and he's getting murdered already?

The "I told you so" crew are so knee jerk on this one. Its going to be spectacular if Poch gets the balance right. One thing with Paulinho is he HAS to be played from the 1st minute because hes got the best engine in the club. Part of his charm for me is his endless running which is not a given with some of the soft players we have trotting around.

We need his industry IMO. He'll come good.
He's fucking useless. Open you're eyes. He can't play, and you going on about his charm shows that you need a fucking pass as well.

He's fucking useless. Open you're eyes. He can't play, and you going on about his charm shows that you need a fucking pass as well.

Can you pretend to close your account again please?

:soldadowatch:

When I say "if Poch gets the balance right" do you equate that to me thinking he needs to be played with Lennon, Townsend, Soldado, Naughton etc?

I said the balance had to be right. Tiny dancers is the polar opposite of what he or anyone else needs to progress and flourish.

I said before the game that it was a terrible starting lineup. AVB style failure. The balance is so important.

That was exactly my point.

Last edited:
Can you pretend to close your account again please?

:soldadowatch:
Tell me why he is a good footballer - I noticed you avoided the question as usual. I thought I'd better come back to see off cunts like you - The Man Who Hates Tottenham. "florida based hatred" rose, lennon townse.... soldado, Can you take your wig off you fat bald fucker.

Tell me why he is a good footballer - I noticed you avoided the question as usual. I thought I'd better come back to see off cunts like you - The Man Who Hates Tottenham. "florida based hatred" rose, lennon townse.... soldado, Can you take your wig off you fat bald fucker.

You didn't ask a question you fucking lunatic.

You are just in slavering attack mode. I'm done with you. Beyond petty.

...I'm a big Paulinho apologist, but he looked worse than mediocre today - I'm about to give up on him - maybe a few sub appearances can help him find his mojo, otherwise we should ditch him ASAP...
COYS

Just not suited to the PL.Maybe Seria A would be a better option.He's been given opportunities under AVB,Sheerwood,and now Poch,needs to much time on the ball to be effective.PL is so quick, he seems to be off the pace all the time.

You can argue that Paulinio did take the opportunity Sherwood gave him.

You can also argue the opportunity AVB gave him were similar to the lineup Poch put him in which never suited him.

You can argue that Paulinio did take the opportunity Sherwood gave him.

You can also argue the opportunity AVB gave him were similar to the lineup Poch put him in which never suited him.
You're mad or blind. Did you notice what a lovely shade of green the pitch was tonight? with the lovely white goals at either end? Brilliant wasn't it?

You didn't ask a question you fucking lunatic.

You are just in slavering attack mode. I'm done with you. Beyond petty.
Sin bin me. I've been a bit of a cunt tonight, to everyone, so rustle up some votes and park me in the slammer, I couldn't give a shit. Fucking idiot. "I'm done with you" Drama Queen.

...I'm a big Paulinho apologist, but he looked worse than mediocre today - I'm about to give up on him - maybe a few sub appearances can help him find his mojo, otherwise we should ditch him ASAP...
COYS

He keeps looking worse game for game on the ball, but we've all sees what he's capable of before. The skille are still there, but the confidence isn't, and it's gutta be really frustrating to be given a chance only in bad lineups while half the stands tell you to fuck off and moan every time you have the ball.

Still, with all that shit, he looked the most likely to score while he was playing, because he's so good at getting into good positions.

I am normally a big fan of lost causes, trying to instill confidence and hoping that players will come good (esp the much maligned) but even i cant understand why Paulinho gets in the team

He is way out of his depth, offers nothing.

I am the same as Belgian Spur Belgian Spur I look for the positive in our players not the negative BUT I do not see a single redeeming feature in this guy. He is miles off the pace, he plods around, he gets into the wrong space at the right time and the right space at the wrong time. He can't close down a player, he ambles up to them getting his angles wrong therefore they have time to look for a pass, or they just dribble past him as he dangles out a half hearted leg. He can't pass, long or short. If he does successfully pass he stars there admiring it rather than taking a run for a return ball (many others are guilty of this too).

Vorm showed he was a better with the ball at his feet than Paulinho.

Back to me being positive: The fact that we paid £17m for him should be a massive boost in confidence for the likes of Mason and Carroll who must know that they are miles better than him.

Not the worst out there, could've easily got a goal before being subbed. Hard to get the best out of a player like Paulinho alongside an invisible Lennon, a solo Townsend, ahead of a terrible Stambouli and behind a struggling Soldado.

And he really needs the crowd to get behind him and stop telling him to fuck off.

Some confidence + getting to play with more creative players would do him and us a world of good.
Terrible Stambouli ? Seriously ?

I thought paulihno was ok last night - I think he should have been in the side instead of Bentaleb. He was getting plenty of touches and his passing was good - he hit a peach of a diagonal pass to Davies at one point.

Back
Top Bottom