Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it's a perspective thing. I am in the camp of; this guy has got some talent, was a regular for Brazil, has struggled to adapt to the league but isn't a shit player.
I guess you're in the camp of 'bale is shit, we lose everytime he plays'. 'Danny Rose is a joke', 'Modric is too light-weight for the EPL' 'Messi is too short'.
As I say, its just perspective
I'm disappointed that you think that, you're a bright guy and I thought that kind of stuff was beneath you. Bale is useless, and Modric. Messi is crap, and Rose is overrated - Paulinho, however, is so good, ordinary people are incapable of judging him - it takes a gifted sort of football fan to accurately assess this footballing colossus. I'm pleased that you got around to pointing that out. I'll ask around for some links to the matches you haven't seen that you are commenting on. Maybe you'll get lucky and watch one.

Last edited:
I think it's a perspective thing. I am in the camp of; this guy has got some talent, was a regular for Brazil, has struggled to adapt to the league but isn't a shit player.
I guess you're in the camp of 'bale is shit, we lose everytime he plays'. 'Danny Rose is a joke', 'Modric is too light-weight for the EPL' 'Messi is too short'.
Wow.

Dead right though - that's just what I think. You little clever football expert.

Gibbsy! sorry I was so slow. Nice multi mate! Have you got one of those internet phones? God I feel so stupid now. Maybe you could look up those games for yourself as you are a bit of a techie by all accounts, but I can't be bothered. I'd do it for a mate mind.

Last edited:
Thanks. I am sure those 3 games will convince me that he is shit. I've not seen Bale's last 3 games either. Maybe if you could send them across and I'll watch them. Judgements out on him in my opinion.
We have too many "fans" who support individual players. You are one of them. Support the club first, or tell me to fuck off - that's ok too.

Ive a job. I cant be watching matches on weekdays from 3-5am. Maybe you are that committed that you want to quit your job so you can tell everyone which player this week is shit, but thats not for me
Stick to your job - success awaits you - PS I live and work in England so it's not so much of a problem. What do think of Mason?

I don't actually watch the UEFA games because they are on at 3am on weekdays where I am. I'll take your word that he has been terrible this season, but he is not a terrible player. On that, does anyone know any UEFA highlights show that you can download?

Don't take his word for it. Paulinho has had to play AM with Lennon and Townsend and with Soldado ahead of them. That lineup is not good for any of those players, making all of them look worse than they are. No playmaker, three players who desparately needs a playmaker, and one who just gets on the ball and dribbles till he lose it or till he can short.

Yes, he can look quite bad at the moment, when playing in that lineup, but like you I am convinced that Paulinho is a great player, and I think he has a skillset that would be great for us. And like you I am not so stupid as to think that a shit player would play for a semi finalist Brazil in the WC or a conf.cup winning Brazil.

Right now he's probably at rock bottom confidence wise, and has to deal with shit supporters moaning in the stands and wanting him out. Give him the chance to play with Eriksen and Lamela, and you'll see him providing both goals and space for the others to exploit.

Last edited:
Don't take his word for it. Paulinho has had to play AM with Lennon and Townsend and with Soldado ahead of them. That lineup is not good for any of those players, making all of them look worse than they are. No playmaker, three players who desparately needs a playmaker, and one who just gets on the ball and dribbles till he lose it or till he can short.
Funny, I remember at the start of the season that a bunch of people were banging on about Paulinho and how his future was as a no 10. Never mind what that means for the far superior Eriksen. I'm happy to see that that ship has sailed.

Paulinho brought some goals last season but little else, which simply is not good enough for a central midfielder. In each appearance now he is odds-on for "worst" - or most anonymous - player.

Yes, he can look quite bad at the moment, when playing in that lineup, but like you I am convinced that Paulinho is a great player, and I think he has a skillset that would be great for us. And like you I am not so stupid as to think that a shit player would play for a semi finalist Brazil in the WC or a conf.cup winning Brazil.
Brazil was pretty terrible at the WC, with the favorable ref calls early on, etc; just calling them semi-finalists is really glossing over the details. They had problems all over the park, but Paulinho was a major problem early on and lost his place in the starting 11 for it.

Funny, I remember at the start of the season that a bunch of people were banging on about Paulinho and how his future was as a no 10. Never mind what that means for the far superior Eriksen. I'm happy to see that that ship has sailed.

Paulinho brought some goals last season but little else, which simply is not good enough for a central midfielder. In each appearance now he is odds-on for "worst" - or most anonymous - player.

Crowing on a Spurs player going through a difficult patch just so you can come back and 'win the internet', just like that other fat worthless cunt used to?

Shameful scenes - Paulinho was our second best midfielder after Eriksen last season and has achieved far more in the shirt than a someone like the pin-up fan-boy favourite Lamela for example. Yet somehow the latter is destined for grateness udner Poch while the Brazilian written off, much like Soldado without even kicking a ball in the Prem

Crowing on a Spurs player going through a difficult patch just so you can come back and 'win the internet', just like that other fat worthless cunt used to?

Shameful scenes - Paulinho was our second best midfielder after Eriksen last season and has achieved far more in the shirt than a someone like the pin-up fan-boy favourite Lamela for example. Yet somehow the latter is destined for grateness udner Poch while the Brazilian written off, much like Soldado without even kicking a ball in the Prem

Paulinho has been utter, utter shit this season. There is no hiding that...

This season: he hasn't been give consectutive a chance in the Prem, much like Soldado - therefore the basis upon which he's been 'assessed' is nowhere near objective

I get that he hasn't been given a prolonged spell. But a fair few of our players have not had that. Kane, Mason for example. They impress without needing a prolonged spell. So why can't our £16mil Brazil international do the same?

He will not get a prolonged spell in the side if he continues to look shit in the games he does play.

This season: he hasn't been give consectutive a chance in the Prem, much like Soldado - therefore the basis upon which he's been 'assessed' is nowhere near objective
Hilarious stuff.

He has, however, been given plenty of chances in the Europa League against piss-poor opposition, and been hauled off around the hour-mark for lack of impact.

Back
Top Bottom