Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
So was David Silva. As is Phil Foden now. Juan Mata was putting up incredible numbers in the Prem a good few years back as well, and he's built like a 14 year old girl. Our own Modric never filled out a shirt once.

Size isn't the issue. Slightly built but clever, technical players who are a step ahead of other players can thrive in the Premier League. They just need to adapt to the speed of the game here and how demanding it it can be physically, obviously remains to be seen whether Gil can do that.
Well it is an issue, if you let it become one.
A lot of scrawny players choose to be more competitive and Modric is a good example of that. He never played with the mind set that every coming together is gonna result in end in a heap on the floor.
Gil's of an age where he still has the potential to pack on some useful muscle too. And as far as I can see, he's taller than all the players you mentioned which could see him become a specimen. Think Bale and Ronaldo (physically not talent)

Mats BTW is short but fairly solid imo.
And lastly, a controversial comment - Foden js over rated.

Remember,Levy turned down this guy for Nuno

48640495_303.jpg

Say what you want about the strength of the league, but 27 goals in 6 games plus 5 away from home in the CL while yet again rebuilding his team.

For he, he was, is and will be the epitome of a Spurs manager.
Consider me skeptical.

You're all over the place here...telling me to grow up and then insisting that I love ENIC, what? :roflmao:

It's sad to see isn't it...... Absolute playground stuff. The Internet really would benefit from having a crèche for people like this.

When they finally become adults they'll inevitably be held accountable for some of the drivvel they smear about the place and it's not really fair on them.... Mentally, they aren't full developed yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom