Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
It was a Portuguese colony at the time as I understand it.
Correct, Mozambique, Angola and a few other African countries only gained independence from Portugal in 1974/75. There's still a few hundred thousand African-born Portuguese people living in Portugal, after arriving in the mid-70's (99% of them are caucasian).

Remember Carlos Queiroz, former Man Utd assistant? Also born in Nampula, Mozambique, like Fonseca.

Whoever it is, I hope we follow Paratici's lead on this one. If he thinks Fonseca is best for the job and he can make a good case for that, then give the guy a run at it. If he thinks it's Lopetegui or Ten Hag and a deal is within reason, then get it done. Just a consistent direction instigated by somebody with a clue, please and thanks.
Fished in like fuck tbh.

:levylol:

It's absolutely amazing, some of our fans.

That ratfuck gnome straps on a spike-studded guerilla-cock; grabs the hair at the back of their head, bends them over and viciously pounds away, until their arsehole is shredded.

:levywtf:

After shrieking for their lives, exhausted, they pull up their pants and say, "... ok, well, it wasn't that bad, really, I suppose..."

And just get on with their day-to-day muggery of buying kits, merch and tickets.

His long term assistant of 15yrs is not coming with him
Thats never a good start. The club should go all out for an up and coming coach like Xabi Alonso or try and poach Michael Carrick. Would give the coaching team a bit more gravitas and potentially leave someone in place if things go pearshaped. But suspect we won't, we'll try and shoehorn Ryan Mason or some other random ex player in there.

Will support him personally and would never have a bad word to say about him at the start, but I don’t support levy and ENIC. Bunch of leech fucks with no ambition whatsoever to push this club forward. I personally think this guy will get sacked by Xmas.

Last edited:
Will support him personally and would never have a bad word to say about him at the start, but I don’t support levy and ENIC. Bunch of leech fucks with no ambition whatsoever to push this club forward. I personally think this guy all get sacked by Xmas.
Agree. If he does great and we get top 4 it wont change my views on ENIC and Levy now. Too much letdown and any success is in spite of them. Like you say not sure Fonseca will last long. 110 goals conceded in 2 seasons doesn't fill me with confidence.

It's absolutely amazing, some of our fans.

That ratfuck gnome straps on a spike-studded guerilla-cock; grabs the hair at the back of their head, bends them over and viciously pounds away, until their arsehole is shredded.

:levywtf:

After shrieking for their lives, exhausted, they pull up their pants and say, "... ok, well, it wasn't that bad, really, I suppose..."

And just get on with their day-to-day muggery of buying kits, merch and tickets.

Like a yid

The biggest challenge for him will be overcoming the hurricane of negativity that the club is currently trapped in. If he makes a good first impression and says the right things then at least we can stop fretting about the manager situation and focus on the real obstacle to our future success which is our transfer situation.

If we don’t get our business right this summer we will be exiled from European competitions for the foreseeable future. Fonseca and Paratici have to add quality and sell the shite very quickly. Pre-season is less than a month away and we cannot start our preparations with Winks and Sissoko being relied on again.

Even if we were at our peak with the best squad we had and great feelings around the club this guy would be a disaster hire, but to bring in a crap manager when everything else is crap seems to just be doubling down on failure.

I was hoping that after the initial wore off there would be some positives to take with this guy but the fact it there just isn't. There is nothing to indicate he should be close to getting a job like this, nothing to indicate he will do well, there isn't a single positive when evaluating Fonseca at all.

The closest thing to a positive with him is that when Lopetegui was linked yesterday, a guy I want nowhere near this club, I actually got a little excited for it because at least he wasn't Fonseca. Now that that rumour is shown to be the bogus report it always was there isn't much hope left.

I'd be lying if I said I was excited about the appointment or think it's a great one. That said, none of my frustrations will be directed at the manager himself until he gives me a reason to do so. I actually have a funny little feeling he's actually going to be good for us.

At the very least it seems like he's going to bring us attacking football again which will be fun to watch. Without a doubt we're going to need to recruit at least one (and probably two) CBs who are good with the ball at their feet given the way he likes to play.

Back
Top Bottom