Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
Wow. Guess I'm whelmed.

Let's get behind the fella. Truth be told I don't think we are a draw right now unless we offer mega money, which we can't do because I very much think our finances are perilous.

He was if Levy paid the release clause to them.

Same goes for Pep I guess..... :roll:

Nagelsmann too maybe?

Point is he was clearly committed to Ajax otherwise he could have easily used his agent to put his hat in the ring when we sacked Jose.... He didn't. Instead, he signed a new deal literally a week or 2 later.

Same goes for Pep I guess..... :roll:

Nagelsmann too maybe?

Point is he was clearly committed to Ajax otherwise he could have easily used his agent to put his hat in the ring when we sacked Jose.... He didn't. Instead, he signed a new deal literally a week or 2 later.
They activated a clause. Ajax did. Not him. But that’s not the point. The point is that if Fonseca is the best we could attract god knows how hard of a task it will be. Conte was interested until he held talks. Surely levy is asking for the impossible with little backing

Wouldn't have been my first choice but people are way too down on our team. We're in line for a post-Mourinho bounce, I'm sure of it. We'll get rid of some crap players, hopefully improve at CB, RB and RW and we'll end up somewhere between 3-6 in the league next season.

They activated a clause. Ajax did. Not him. But that’s not the point. The point is that if Fonseca is the best we could attract god knows how hard of a task it will be. Conte was interested until he held talks. Surely levy is asking for the impossible with little backing

I didn't interject to defend Levy.... So no that was not 'the' point.

www.bbc.com/sport/football/56940683.amp

Says he signed a new deal till 2023.... No mention of Ajax activating a clause

"We can take the next step with this team. I'm happy here," Ten Hag said."

Its the sort of appointment that if West Ham had made a couple of years ago would barely register, you'd just think poor sod won't last 12 /18 months. Not to say he'll definitely be a flop because you never know, some managers just fit but i think we can safely write off top 4 aspirations.
To be fair, most of us were laughing at the Moyes appointment and their fans hated the move. Now they're in the Europa League.

It's funny how these things work out sometimes.

To be fair, most of us were laughing at the Moyes appointment and their fans hated the move. Now they're in the Europa League.

It's funny how these things work out sometimes.
Don't disagree. Some managers fit, others with better CV's don't. A lot depends on the timing. Martin Jol case in point, he'd done ok with a couple of minor Dutch sides but fitted us much more than Graham or Mourinho. After leaving us he also had a really average career but for that 2.5 seasons he was right for us. We might see similar with Fonseca, lots of entertaining high scoring matches with a younger team and 5th or 6th but always a little bit short in the big games.

we will get a manager who’s extremely one dimensional. He will setup the team at home against Watford the same way he will away at city. Unless he adapts we are in for a few beatings. We don’t possess players to use a very high defensive line or to start the play from the back as well.

Our job in this moment is not suited for managers who have a big pressure to make the next step to are happy where they are: this is why I think that Ten Hag would have never come to us (not that I am desperate about that). He's got too much to lose. (Same story for Nagelsmann)

I always thought Potter would have been a good choice, at least because he's got some experience of our league.

I don't feel desperate at all about Fonseca. At the very least, I am sure that with him I would feel well involved while watching us. Last season I got totally desensitised while watching us play

This is all just happy talk that glosses over a manager search which ran out of time and ideas. And it underlines the chaos which much have existed to fire a manager in season without a plan as to how to replace him. What was gained by not letting Mourinho ride out the season while the team put in motion getting a top level replacement? It would have given the team time to find a manager out of the glare of public speculation (and now ridicule). Last game ends and you might have been able to put paid to the old regime and introduce the new, getting the off season started on a positive start. What have you got instead? No plan, no accountability, and so far no manager.
MONEY.

Back
Top Bottom