Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
Wouldn't have been my first choice but people are way too down on our team. We're in line for a post-Mourinho bounce, I'm sure of it. We'll get rid of some crap players, hopefully improve at CB, RB and RW and we'll end up somewhere between 3-6 in the league next season.
With the potential of not playing dross football

The more I read and the more I watch tactical videos breaking down Franseca's style the more excited I get about him.

He's not a top manager but Poch wasn't either when he came. I look at it like buying a player with potential and letting then grow with the squad.

He's very young in the manager sense and he will get a lot better imo. There is a reason Pep talked him up and people within the game like him.

Just because a lot of our fans don't know anything about them except for that they have read recently doesn't mean he won't be good.

At the worst, we have poor results while playing exciting, attacking football. We move on for another manager in a year but at least won't be bored through every defeat like this season.

At best, we found a diamond in the rough who brings back the joy of watching Spurs.

Including bonuses Jose was on £13m FWIW...and he's still the better manager.

Pay peanuts get monkeys btw.

Pay top dollar for Jose or Ndombele..... What do you get?

The idea that he's shit just cos Jose's name value alone commands a much higher wage is hollow.

Last edited:
Good luck to him, but it's an Overwhelming sense of lack of ambition getting this bloke in, and is absolute proof that talks of Poch and Conte were just hot air put out by enic to sell false hope.

I'll be surprised if he lasts much beyond one sea.son

I don't know why that's relevant, other than Mourinho proving to be a massive waste of money.
...who didn't even get a single full season and had to manage during the pandemic etc. Got pretty shit options from the squad after we again were linked with class like Fernandes and Dias...only to come up short when it came to spending.

Didn't even want Bergwijn.

They probably sacked him just to save the wages long term, fuck any success on the pitch. We were top of the league with a poor squad before the wheels came off.

All down to Mourinho? Doubtful IMO.

Let's see how long this line lasts for
Just proves how idiotic Neville, and most pundits are.
All I'm hearing is "this is the strongest squad England have had in ever"

Well nothing short of winning it is an achievement then. Simple as that. If this is the best squad England have had and Southgate is supposed to know what he's doing, we should win it.

But it's more likely a less impressive squad with a good coach will do it.

Just proves how idiotic Neville, and most pundits are.
All I'm hearing is "this is the strongest squad England have had in ever"

Well nothing short of winning it is an achievement then. Simple as that. If this is the best squad England have had and Southgate is supposed to know what he's doing, we should win it.

But it's more likely a less impressive squad with a good coach will do it.

Correct.

...who didn't even get a single full season and had to manage during the pandemic etc. Got pretty shit options from the squad after we again were linked with class like Fernandes and Dias...only to come up short when it came to spending.

Didn't even want Bergwijn.

They probably sacked him just to save the wages long term, fuck any success on the pitch. We were top of the league with a poor squad before the wheels came off.

All down to Mourinho? Doubtful IMO.

Mourinho was truly terrible for us

Our job in this moment is not suited for managers who have a big pressure to make the next step to are happy where they are: this is why I think that Ten Hag would have never come to us (not that I am desperate about that). He's got too much to lose. (Same story for Nagelsmann)

I always thought Potter would have been a good choice, at least because he's got some experience of our league.

I don't feel desperate at all about Fonseca. At the very least, I am sure that with him I would feel well involved while watching us. Last season I got totally desensitised while watching us play
I agree I was on my phone during games which I never normally do. It was so painful to watch anything has to be better.

Back
Top Bottom