Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
Fonseca biggest defenders knew fuck all about him before the journos saying he was coming here. It’s hilarious :dembelelol:
I’m honestly starting to think that some of the Spurs fans are some utter clowns, I understand this “let’s get behind the new guy and give him our support” but that’s about it, trying to spin it as if we’re almost pulling ourself a bargain here is stupid as fuck. Guy’s an average manager and is probably given the because Paratici knows him and not others. There are lots of better managers out there than him.

I’m honestly starting to think that some of the Spurs fans are some utter clowns, I understand this “let’s get behind the new guy and give him our support” but that’s about it, trying to spin it as if we’re almost pulling ourself a bargain here is stupid as fuck. Guy’s an average manager and is probably given the because Paratici knows him and not others. There are lots of better managers out there than him.
the same old suspects as well. It's not even worthy having discussions. It's like a cult.

...who didn't even get a single full season and had to manage during the pandemic etc. Got pretty shit options from the squad after we again were linked with class like Fernandes and Dias...only to come up short when it came to spending.

Didn't even want Bergwijn.

They probably sacked him just to save the wages long term, fuck any success on the pitch. We were top of the league with a poor squad before the wheels came off.

All down to Mourinho? Doubtful IMO.

Don't be so fucking........... sensible

Yea forget the 9 chairman in Italy who appointed managers this summer and amazingly overlooked him, we go with Kev.

I don't want to go too hard after a random twitter guy that can't defend what he posted, but I will use his tweet because he uses an argument that I have seen many time from Fonseca apologists.

"Paratici hired him so we all should trust him" well Paratici had two hires as DOF- Sarri who last one year and by all accounts was a terrible hire and Pirlo who dropped Juve from 7 times winners to 4th and was a clearly terrible hire from the minute he was announced.

So I am not sure anyone should be using him being Paratici's first choice as any sort of positive or reason to trust in the hire.

Can't believe how many people are falling into line with a choice you'd need a third hand to count to.

We missed every viable target. Every dream target. Even the 2nd tier targets.
Now all we're left with is an unemployed, cheap, yes man who will, unequivocally, make do with what he's got in order to get a job

I don't want to go too hard after a random twitter guy that can't defend what he posted, but I will use his tweet because he uses an argument that I have seen many time from Fonseca apologists.

"Paratici hired him so we all should trust him" well Paratici had two hires as DOF- Sarri who last one year and by all accounts was a terrible hire and Pirlo who dropped Juve from 7 times winners to 4th and was a clearly terrible hire from the minute he was announced.

So I am not sure anyone should be using him being Paratici's first choice as any sort of positive or reason to trust in the hire.
I think the biggest black mark on Paratici’s managerial judgment would be if he was the one who sacked Allegri in the first place, is that the case?

Can't believe how many people are falling into line with a choice you'd need a third hand to count to.

Now all we're left with is an unemployed, cheap, yes man who will, unequivocally, make do with what he's got in order to get a job

I don't disagree with you, in fact I mainly agree all around.

But what's the option? Just stop supporting? I'm not sure I can do that, in fact I know I can't.

And what exactly do you want us to do about it, you stupid nerdlinger.

It's Levy and Enic that are at fault. Take it up with them.

Fonseca is definitely not who I would have wanted to come in, but there you go. I'm certainly going to get behind him and hope he does well. I'm not convinced it'll work out, but I hope it does.

My ire is directed at Levy, not at the new boss.

I think the biggest black mark on Paratici’s managerial judgment would be if he was the one who sacked Allegri in the first place, is that the case?

Was Allegri sacked or did he leave? I know these situations can be complicated with guys "leaving" rather than getting sacked or leaving because the DOF/Club make it so hard to work with. I don't know enough about that situation to know which one it was.

But Marotta had left the club in October and Allegri left the club the following May so Paratici was in charge when Allegri left.

You have only just realised that supporting a football team isn't rational?

Eventually you'll spot that as supposed Spurs fan you are on the wrong side of the argument
Do I want Fonseca to do well? I obviously do. If he really he is the new manager I will support him when he signs. But I just can’t, sorry, I can’t see how he was given the job. I know his work very very well. But it’s a situation where I HOPE I’m very wrong. I can’t have irrational faith in something that I know very well. That’s it.

You have only just realised that supporting a football team isn't rational?

Eventually you'll spot that as supposed Spurs fan you are on the wrong side of the argument

Supporting a football team is different from blindly supporting the terrible ownership and happily eating the constant stream of shit sandwiches they serve up.

One can have higher expectations for the club AND support the new manager.

It isn't one or the other.

Who is not supporting the new manager?

Pointing out legitimate concerns with him doesn't mean people are supporting him. Having concerns about where we finish next year doesn't mean we don't support him.

I don't get this idea that because a manager is hired by your club you have to immediately turn into a homer and ignore reality. It makes no sense and certainly doesn't make you a better fan.

Who is not supporting the new manager?

Pointing out legitimate concerns with him doesn't mean people are supporting him. Having concerns about where we finish next year doesn't mean we don't support him.

I don't get this idea that because a manager is hired by your club you have to immediately turn into a homer and ignore reality. It makes no sense and certainly doesn't make you a better fan.
Being supportive does make you a better supporter, actually.

The clue is in the word ''supporter''.

Being supportive does make you a better supporter, actually.

The clue is in the word ''supporter''.

But "being supportive" is a nonsense buzz phrase.

As I pointed out blindly being a homer isn't being supportive, pointing out legit concerns isn't being unsupportive.

If you think being a good supporter means that you can't have a unbiased and rational discussion about things then you are clearly taking the term supporter way too literally.

Back
Top Bottom