Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
So you still think, after 35 years, that one line on Sky Sports, in early June, saying we fancy Lampty means he'll be a good player for us?

We're going to be linked to every player with a pulse and some without over the next 3 months. We'll sign very very very few of them.
Nah mate. Hes a good player. Lively and tricky. Unlucky he got injured back in march. Definately a good signing if we get him.

So you still think, after 35 years, that one line on Sky Sports, in early June, saying we fancy Lampty means he'll be a good player for us?

We're going to be linked to every player with a pulse and some without over the next 3 months. We'll sign very very very few of them.
If we didn't debate every rumour this site would be an eighth of the size.

You still seem like you need that cwtch...

The Office Hug GIF

This coming season will be worse no matter how much you hate Moureen.
There's no such thing as pretty football when you're getting dicked every week.
I prefer to think positive. So I don't have to be miserable until I really become miserable. I chose to use my weakness, hope for the coming season. You go ahead and be miserable, though.

I'm more positive with this potential appointment than I was when Jose was announced so I'm prepared to give him a chance.

When Poch took over he was abit underwhelming but turned out good so I'm hoping this appointment will be the same.

I guess due to going under radar, this manager doesn't really stand out as an obvious candidate hence the apprehension.

You prefer to think positive when you also said you had no hope last season.
No I actually said I probably had hope, wrongfully. But I have more hope this season. The difference is, I knew that skit was going to happen with Mourinho, it always does. The Fonz on the other hand is an open book for me, hand picked by our dof that have 9 Italian League titles in a row. That gives me some faith and hope.

I genuinely can't see how anyone can be positive.

Fonseca is at best adequate.
Our best play by a country mile wants out, and this won't change it.
Our squad is in fucking tatters.

We're gonna start the season without Kane and with a load of bang average mediocrity.

This season has 14th written all over it.

We're gonna start the season without Kane and with a load of bang average mediocrity.

You may be right but there’s no point moping around. Whinging like a lil bitch ain’t gonna change it and Fonseca ain’t responsible for the current state of the squad.

At the very least we will (or should) see much more attacking football than last season. Whether it’s effective or not remains to be seen.

Btw…14th?! Calm down 😂

Last edited:
I don't think I have been less enthused in all my time as a Spurs fan, going in to a new season. My first live game was 1994, so I'm not as long in the tooth as some of you.

Remember from the mid-90s to mid 2000s when we were absolute shite coupled with Woolwich being amazing? Even in those days, I used to get hope (false hope, but hope all the same) from a change of manager. But we know that a new manager is eventually going to be fucked by Levy and even if we get lucky, pinch a few good players from somewhere and go on a little run, Levy/Lewis and their complete lack of ambition will scupper it.

So good luck to the bloke (Fonseca). But I can't get excited, because his appointment shows that Levy won't change. And his ego-maniac PR video from the other day shows that he doesn't even believe he needs to change. ENIC have nothing but contempt for the fans they milk and I think my enthusiasm will only return when they fuck off out of our club.

I don't think I have been less enthused in all my time as a Spurs fan, going in to a new season. My first live game was 1994, so I'm not as long in the tooth as some of you.

Remember from the mid-90s to mid 2000s when we were absolute shite coupled with Woolwich being amazing? Even in those days, I used to get hope (false hope, but hope all the same) from a change of manager. But we know that a new manager is eventually going to be fucked by Levy and even if we get lucky, pinch a few good players from somewhere and go on a little run, Levy/Lewis and their complete lack of ambition will scupper it.

So good luck to the bloke (Fonseca). But I can't get excited, because his appointment shows that Levy won't change. And his ego-maniac PR video from the other day shows that he doesn't even believe he needs to change. ENIC have nothing but contempt for the fans they milk and I think my enthusiasm will only return when they fuck off out of our club.
My first game was Altringham in the FAC in January 95

I'd put my level of enthusiasm at the same as the 95/96 season.
Sell Klinsman, buy Armstrong (after not getting Berkamp) and Francis in charge.

And yet at the start of last season, everyone on this board was saying we had the best squad we'd had in years smhhhh and that same squad was top of the league just before xmas.

Maybe, just maybe, a manager that let's the team play with freedom and confidence might just improve the shit show that occurred from the Liverpool game onwards last year, when the players clearly didn't buy into Mourinho's sit back and try hit them on the break tactics.

And yet at the start of last season, everyone on this board was saying we had the best squad we'd had in years smhhhh and that same squad was top of the league just before xmas.

Maybe, just maybe, a manager that let's the team play with freedom and confidence might just improve the shit show that occurred from the Liverpool game onwards last year, when the players clearly didn't buy into Mourinho's sit back and try hit them on the break tactics.

Whilst I’m not convinced by the appointment, we just need to get the recruitment right this summer. It’s boring but that’s the long and short of it. Sissoko and/or winks still in the matchday squad next season once the window closes and things will be the same as they have been in recent seasons.

Back
Top Bottom