Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
Not managerial wise I said they were both underwhelming

So Ten Hag who has spent alot of money and won a league which he should is good, but Fonseca who also won a league that he should of isn't?

Fonseca took his team to a Europa Semi Final

Just because one is mates with Pep doesn't mate him great, look down the road for that

Both are underwhelming.
So you want who? Conte , who basically is great ONLY if he gets everything his way and a colossal budget?

Poch? Who built one great team, but ultimately let everything slide and oh, never actually won any trophies?

Mourinho? He worked well didn't he?

So who that's realistic shows ambition.

Two year deal, not much faith in this appointment then

Still I wouldn't be surprised if all this is just hot air. Only one week ago we were on the verge of appointing Conte, the week before that Poch was virtually a done deal to return
These deals are becoming more and more common in football now it seems.

Manager gets up to 2 seasons to prove themselves and earn a longer deal.

Not managerial wise I said they were both underwhelming

So Ten Hag who has spent alot of money and won a league which he should is good, but Fonseca who also won a league that he should of isn't?

Fonseca took his team to a Europa Semi Final

Just because one is mates with Pep doesn't mate him great, look down the road for that

Both are underwhelming.
Ten Hag, Champions League semi.......don't know why but that game rings a bell

We appointed this chap called Fonseca
His credentials weren’t very good on paper
His tenure was short
He couldn’t get fourth
But at least we’ve bought a nice new golf course!

My poor attempt - but in this scenario laughing is better than crying lads.

So you want who? Conte , who basically is great ONLY if he gets everything his way and a colossal budget?

Poch? Who built one great team, but ultimately let everything slide and oh, never actually won any trophies?

Mourinho? He worked well didn't he?

So who that's realistic shows ambition.
That isn't the point mate, what I am saying is the Ajax manager and this guy are both very underwhelming and similar in styles, yet one is greeted with cheers and the other is greeted with boos

Let's just hope if we get this guy he does well

It’s not just the appointment that’s pissed me off it’s the fact this guy has come in to ‘work with the existing squad’. The same core of players will still be playing next season to fail yet another manager.

Same old shit.

Paolo Fonseca? I'll have to google him.
Levy realises now that he is clueless when it comes to appointing managers as he got his fingers badly burned with Mourinho. He probably realises our scouting is shit as well. So he has outsourced the decision making to the Paratici fella. Another guy I'd never heard of before.
I'm not confident.

God help us . Would have preferred Howe or potter . Can see another disaster unfolding before my eyes . Probably be sacked sometime in the new year with us languishing somewhere near the bottom half of the league. It’s all doom and gloom down Tottenham way at the moment.

I haven't seen a Roma game in ages, so I don't really know much.

But isn't this guy just a low maintenance, anonymus, politically correct version of Mourinho ?

We get another "tactical periodisation" coach - which will probably lead to:

- continued deterioration of the level of physical performances
- another season of players running around like headless chickens while trying to understand which "phase" they are in and where they are supposed to be and what they are supposed to do
- being outpossessed by every team over the drop zone

I can't understand those people saying give this manager a chance, in no other industry would a so called "large company" consider hiring somebody for the top job with fuck all on their CV. No big company would take a gamble like that, so why are we?

If for arguments sake Woolwich went in for this guy the same people saying "give him a chance" would be rolling on the floor laughing at them and their lack of ambition.

It's not Fonseca's fault, of course he wants the job, probably feels like he's won the lottery. Don't know the geezer and got nothing against him so I won't be ripping into him when this all goes to shit, I'll be directing my ire where it belongs.

Surely it must be crystal clear to everyone now why this club has won absolutely nothing of note in the tenure of ENIC.

They've proven time and time again that they aren't interested in winning trophies, they just want to turn a profit. I honestly believe that Levy is more concerned about getting the NFL games back on and the stadium full for that than he is about Spurs being successful on the pitch.

Fine, if we are going to be run that way then stop charging the fans the same money to go and watch that ambitious clubs like Chelsea charge. If your going to produce a mid table product then charge mid table prices, stop harping on about the never-ending "project" or the "ten year plan" or whatever the fuck it was when this mob took over. And just tell the fans the truth.

But of course they won't do that, they expect you all to mug up to the club shop and gourmet burger bar and keep selling you bullshit hope.

I'm laughing at all these bandwagon jumping cunts who'd never heard of this guy before yesterday....but now know that he's shite and will never do it here...

There was someone laughing at the fact that "wait and see" is leading the poll....Wait and see is the response when someone sensible see's a manager he's never fucking heard off and would like to wait and see, as it were, how the cunt is going to turn out...

The evidence is there for all to see on the Pochettino thread...

Back
Top Bottom