Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
He’s Italian and cheap apparently lol
Portuguese and cheap...

Actually, with all of this negative reaction, how hilarious would it be for him to come here, win a double and then fuck us off for a superclub whilst Levy tries to tie him down to a longer term contract by offering him a 2% raise for inflation?

The biggest concern is that he doesn't seem to know how to make his teams frugal at the back. We as a club are notorious for having teams that are soft in defence no matter the manager, so to combine that with a manager who is more Ossie than Poch is a recipe for disaster tbh.

id rather take a gamble on this guy than get a proven loser in like poch! won fuck all here over 5 years with our best ever squad, went to PSG with a 400 million pound frontline and couldnt even win their 1 club league...shocking!

iU6RDau.jpg

#2...
eADcluQ.jpg

Proud Of You Reaction GIF

Can anyone possibly tell me how this guy is better than Dyche, Potter or Howe?

why do we spend millions getting these continental journeyman managers who have no EPL experience and who’s only career involves jumping from club to club, failing miserably at Porto and Roma but gets a 3 year fucking contract at spurs??!?! Why?!?!

and yet the likes of Dyche get disregarded and laughed at as not serious managers???
I would have added BFS to your list

I don't really get the overly negative reaction on here.

It's pretty obvious that we're going for a two-tiered managerial system with Paratici as General Manager and Fonseca as head coach. It's clearly Paratici who's on the phone to Kane convincing him to stick around. This is the guy who convinced Ronaldo to quit Madrid and brought Juventus back from Serie B to 7 consecutive titles...he's no mug.

If he's handpicked Fonsenca it's probably because he's a pretty good football coach. He's probably one of the few who are happy to just get on with the work on the training ground and not bother with agents/ transfers all that bollocks. Both Shakhtar and Roma consistently sold their best players, I don't think football is ever as simple "Roma finished 7th so he must be shit".

Personally, I'm happy we've got Paratici's man and are putting some structure in place. I would much rather that than some egomaniac like Conte running around the gaff demanding 100's of millions and mouthing off to the press.

id rather take a gamble on this guy than get a proven loser in like poch! won fuck all here over 5 years with our best ever squad, went to PSG with a 400 million pound frontline and couldnt even win their 1 club league...shocking!

Na he literally built that squad, it was the AVB/Sherwood team, he added a few and then got them playing out of their skin for 3-4 years, we came second and got to a CL final which almost no Spurs fan would ever think we would get given the money we have. Then he burnt out and so did the squad which Levy let go stale.

According to widespread reports including from Sky Sports, Spurs are on the verge of naming Portuguese manager Fonseca as their replacement for Jose Mourinho – two years after he was snubbed by West Ham.

West Ham co-owners David Sullivan and David Gold interviewed Fonseca back in 2018 as a potential replacement for David Moyes following his first stint at the club.

Hammers reject Fonseca set to be named new Spurs boss?​

But West Ham snubbed the then-Shakhtar manager and elected to appoint Manuel Pellegrini instead.

Fonseca then signed a new deal with the Ukrainian side as West Ham wanted someone who had ‘a proven record both in the Premier League and European football’ (Evening Standard).

According to reports at the time, Fonseca and his agent Jorge Mendes held a 75-minute meeting with West Ham majority shareholder Sullivan.

But West Ham then confirmed they were moving on to other candidates with Rafa Benitez then West Ham’s prime target.

Our issue last season had a lot to do with the manager. The squad as well, but the manager did a woeful job. Agree with everything else you've said.

Your conclusion of jose time here is a little warped.

Firstly imagine being micro managed for the 1st year of your new employment, with not only levy office located nearby, but amazon, looking for juicy tid bits.

1.Then at the start of the season a unfit bale, ndombele still not upto speed, and issue with le celso.

2. A collection of defenders who can not defend and players who are not savvy enough to play many formations.

3. Now lets add how many games, were lost by rickets by our own players, dier, holberg, sergio, toby, i could go on.

Jose's tactics till december had us around top of the table, even on the back of my number three statement, once Jose moved ndombele to partner holberg, to help improve our general play and build up, it all fell apart.

watch how jose will employ xhaka, if roma gets him - Deep lying playmaker ala 'xabi alonso', 'ballack', 'fabregas', liverpools 'tiago'.

4. To lose against zagreb, is a reflection of the playing squad, as the players should be savvy enough to manage and see out games, watch the champions league final again, to understand my point, which chelsea won using jose 2010 tactic and the infamous low block.

I don't really get the overly negative reaction on here.

It's pretty obvious that we're going for a two-tiered managerial system with Paratici as General Manager and Fonseca as head coach. It's clearly Paratici who's on the phone to Kane convincing him to stick around. This is the guy who convinced Ronaldo to quit Madrid and brought Juventus back from Serie B to 7 consecutive titles...he's no mug.

If he's handpicked Fonsenca it's probably because he's a pretty good football coach. He's probably one of the few who are happy to just get on with the work on the training ground and not bother with agents/ transfers all that bollocks. Both Shakhtar and Roma consistently sold their best players, I don't think football is ever as simple "Roma finished 7th so he must be shit".

Personally, I'm happy we've got Paratici's man and are putting some structure in place. I would much rather that than some egomaniac like Conte running around the gaff demanding 100's of millions and mouthing off to the press.

Really.good post mate. Well played

Back
Top Bottom