Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
Can't be any worse than:
Graham
AVB season 2
Poch last 18 months
Jose

Whatever thoughts anyone has on Levy / Enic, at least give this guy a chance. We were only a couple of wins away from Champs league last year. We were all crying out for more attacking flair. If he can shift a few and bring in a CM + couple of defenders I think he'll do alright.

All I ask for is a team that puts in the effort, plays with heart, passion, flair, at pace with a never say die attitude. If we lose playing that way then fair enough.

Can't be any worse than:
Graham
AVB season 2
Poch last 18 months
Jose

Whatever thoughts anyone has on Levy / Enic, at least give this guy a chance. We were only a couple of wins away from Champs league last year. We were all crying out for more attacking flair. If he can shift a few and bring in a CM + couple of defenders I think he'll do alright.

All I ask for is a team that puts in the effort, plays with heart, passion, flair, at pace with a never say die attitude. If we lose playing that way then fair enough.
Yep. Agree. But the suggestion that he’s not been appointed yet as the club need to find a defensive coach is maybe a little alarming.

Yep. Agree. But the suggestion that he’s not been appointed yet as the club need to find a defensive coach is maybe a little alarming.

Doesn't every team have a defensive coach?

Sounds like sensationalism to me.....

Anyway can we be any worse defensively than we were under Jose ? Surely keeping hold of the ball and attacking more will improve the defence no end.

Doesn't every team have a defensive coach?

Sounds like sensationalism to me.....

Anyway can we be any worse defensively than we were under Jose ? Surely keeping hold of the ball and attacking more will improve the defence no end.
Well, in honesty I am basing that sniping on what Alistair Gold reported. Absolutely we can’t be much worse than Jose.

It’s stranger than that. By all accounts Paratici and Fonseca were a done deal last Thursday, and there was a report at that time that we’d introduce Paratici on Monday and Fonseca on Wednesday.

Paratici would up being Sunday, but why are these things delayed?

It’s stranger than that. By all accounts Paratici and Fonseca were a done deal last Thursday, and there was a report at that time that we’d introduce Paratici on Monday and Fonseca on Wednesday.

Paratici would up being Sunday, but why are these things delayed?
I thought Possibly quarantine, But then there are exceptions for business. I wonder if they are maybe looking at a good day to bury the story or will kick it into the week ahead of pre season to avoid any further pressure building on him.

I thought Possibly quarantine, But then there are exceptions for business. I wonder if they are maybe looking at a good day to bury the story or will kick it into the week ahead of pre season to avoid any further pressure building on him.
And we introduced Paratici via a grainy cell phone video. Which is fine! You don’t even need to do an interview at all to just make the announcement. For a club that bitches and moans so much about press rumors, they really encourage that ecosystem.

And we introduced Paratici via a grainy cell phone video. Which is fine! You don’t even need to do an interview at all to just make the announcement. For a club that bitches and moans so much about press rumors, they really encourage that ecosystem.
I get the impression that our media / PR is quite deliberate in their disinformation and spin.

I'm not even sure these official announcements have much gravitas anymore; most of the media frenzy and fan reaction will have aleady taken place based on the hype and rumour anyway.... It's just the corporate/marketing end of things.

Can't be any worse than:
Graham
AVB season 2
Poch last 18 months
Jose

Only way he can make it work - massive clear out of deadwood and a few quality improvements in defence and mid

Back
Top Bottom