Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
Yes football and business in general is hard, but look into this guy, he has what we were looking for as in developing players attacking football, he may not be the manager we want but he is also known as being respectful & we have showed him no respect

The way we have handled all of this is disgusting to be honest

Yes football and business in general is hard, but look into this guy, he has what we were looking for as in developing players attacking football, he may not be the manager we want but he is also known as being respectful & we have showed him no respect

The way we have handled all of this is disgusting to be honest
I used to like being a club that tried to do things 'the right way' and weren't financially doped.

While that's still true to some extent, we've done everything else so badly that I can't help but hate those at the helm. Feels like shit, to be honest.

It's just sad to be honest, even in business you show respect, we are burning more bridges now than ever before
I don't know what's going on. I've been a Levy sympathiser for the most part, but this last year, he's cocked it up so badly, so many times. I don't know what he's doing. I feel like maybe he's lost the plot a bit. Maybe the pressure has got to him. I get the feeling we might have some serious financial problems at the moment and the pressure might be getting to him.

I don't know what's going on. I've been a Levy sympathiser for the most part, but this last year, he's cocked it up so badly, so many times. I don't know what he's doing. I feel like maybe he's lost the plot a bit. Maybe the pressure has got to him. I get the feeling we might have some serious financial problems at the moment and the pressure might be getting to him.
Feeling the need to do that (very rare) club interview last Saturday made me think exactly this.

Feeling the need to do that (very rare) club interview last Saturday made me think exactly this.

He definitely knows our eyes are upon him more than ever before.... Until not too long ago he'd have never done a video like that (it used to be an annual statement, maybe a word when hiring or firing and that was it).

Last edited:
I genuinely think this is the DoF though
UnequaledMarvelousArawana-size_restricted.gif

I genuinely think this is the DoF though

I think there's been 3 distinct stages to the managerial hunt.

1) pre-end of season where 1 by 1 our 3 main targets all became unavailable in a matter a week or 2 (Nagg, Flick & ETH).

2) the sudden availability of Conte & (allegedly) Poch whereupon it was seen as worth a punt (even though the preoccupation would have otherwise been to lock down a DOF).

3) The Paratici phase where every rumour seems to have had an Italian twist.

From there I guess these things just depend on how susceptible one is to ITK and/or confirmation bias.

Last edited:

Just a gut feeling with no evidence but I wouldn't be surprised if Fonseca deciding to go on holiday before he was officially "on the firm" while Paratici is supposedly working on changing the players and also reportedly the system may have given Levy the hump.

I've got the Telegraph article up, so wanted to add some more quotes from the above in case people were interested:

“All players want to have the ball,” he said. “They want to dominate. They want to participate. They don’t want to run to recover the ball. They don’t want to run without the ball and defend. The best way to defend is to have the ball.

“We have an obligation with supporters to create a spectacle, a good show. That is the obligation of the coach. I want to win every game but just winning is not enough for me. I have to be offensive and dominate the games and have an offensive midfield and show courage in the game. These are things which will die with me.

“It happened so many times when I got home after winning a game and my wife asked ‘why are you unhappy?’ And it is because I didn’t win the way I wanted to. It is not enough. I have to create a good show for the people who pay the tickets and love football. At least I try. I cannot be a coach in another way.”

Back
Top Bottom