Paulo Gazzaniga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gazziniga good enough to replace Lloris as 1st choice keeper?

• yes

Votes: 62 42.8%
  • no

Votes: 83 57.2%

• Total voters
rocky-celebrating.gif

Nothing to choose between Gazza and Hart in respect of their goalkeeping skills, I wouldn't want either of them near a game against half decent opposition and a game we really want/need to win. However Gazza is prettier and should trump Joe to being No 2.

PS I have changed my vote in the poll at the top of this page. I must have voted 'yes' when I saw Gazza in his swim shorts and Hugo was going through a really bad spell :mourhandlaugh:

Give him a run of games before spouting he's better than Hugo.

Against Liverpool, he saved every shot that you would expect a 'keeper to make. They were all basically hit straight at him. Put it this way, had he let any of those shots in many would be all over him claiming "he should never wear the shirt".

Please don't confuse this post as anything negative, it's not a criticism, he played well and his performance wasn't worthy of any criticism whatsoever.

All I'm saying is chill the fuck out and don't lose perspective on the saves he made. I really liked the one he put over the bar from a header, it was probably going to hit the bar and go in off it, but it was still right at him he didn't have to move other than put his arm up. I liked his double save, the first part of it whilst saving it he parried the ball not very far which meant they had a 2nd shot, that one I liked as he was quick off his feet and had his angles right, but he also parried this one straight back out into the box, lucky there wasn't a Liverpool shirt nearby. I've not seen anything yet to suggest he's better than Lloris in shot-stopping dept and few if any are better than Llrois in this dept. (Lloris excels in not only making the save but then pushing it way out of danger).

Without any doubt in my mind, Gazzaniga is better than Lloris with the ball at his feet. Aesthetically he simply looks better, more loose, more relaxed with the ball. This translates into getting his passes off so much quicker, meaning the recipient has those precious 1 or 2 seconds longer to bring the ball under control, pick a pass, drop a shoulder, they aren't under anything like the pressure they are when Lloris passes to them.

he's one of those random premier league players you're ashamed to say you know who they are because you might give the impression that you waste your whole life with football instead of doing productive shit. Not me though no idea who this is

I know it's only one game, and he wasn't perfect, but I felt more confident in his performance than I have done with Vorm. Shame, as I think Vorm was a decent keeper when we first got him, but lack of playing time and playing second fiddle to Hugo has taken its toll.

Must admit, I'm struggling to see what he struggles at?

His distribution is solid. He's shown to be a great shot stopper from his debut save against Palace, some decent saves against Brighton and again today. 2 cleansheets in 3 Premier League games for us and 3 wins and 1 draw in 4 games in goal for us.

3rd choice at Southampton and 3rd choice at Tottenham - surely he could have found himself a club who would take him as their number 1?

6 ft 5, good hands, beautiful face, young. What's not to love here?
I’ll definetly second him to Hugo and try selling Vorm in Jan. Ease one slot for homegrown and Vorm really isn’t inspiring confidence

Back
Top Bottom