Paulo Gazzaniga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gazziniga good enough to replace Lloris as 1st choice keeper?

• yes

Votes: 62 42.8%
  • no

Votes: 83 57.2%

• Total voters
Hugo is constantly getting done on his near post. Letting in silly goals, howlers and poor distribution are literally Hugo’s things, along with a tipple and a short drive.
Hugo got injured because he couldn't even jump properly. If there is a chance Nubel is still an option get him, otherwise get someone else, but no more Hugo thank you

Bottle job pure and simple. He was 5 yards ahead of Alonso and could have easily caught that ball ahead of him, but then his upper body would have clashed with Alonso and he was trying to avoid that. Therefore, he keeps himself safe by attempting a half-hearted kung-fu kick...

Hero one week... Villain the next.

Shame..... Cos the thought of Hugo's distribution in this system/tactics scares the shit outta me.

Bottle job pure and simple. He was 5 yards ahead of Alonso and could have easily caught that ball ahead of him, but then his upper body would have clashed with Alonso and he was trying to avoid that. Therefore, he keeps himself safe by attempting a half-hearted kung-fu kick...
The basics of goalkeeping are that you protect yourself by raising your knee to a player while catching a ball.

What Gaza did today was a total mindfuck

Looking at that form, he was totally in control. He just chose to do the wrong thing.
He should have caught the ball in a best case scenario, or in a worst case scenario, punched it away.
Those should have been his only two choices.

Instead he chose to do a flying Chuck Norris at Alonso. Possibly spurred on by the fans relentless chants of "Murderer" and "he killed a girl, he killed a girl...."

In summary, neither of our keepers are good enough anymore.
Lloris is far too error prone although at times a wonderful stopper making inhuman saves.
Yesterday aside, Gazza isn't very error prone, but almost never makes saves out of the top drawer either. Decent shots pretty much always go in.

I’ve never seen a keeper a slow off his line as Gazza. Even when defenders are shielding the ball for him to come and collect he doesn’t seem to move until the last minute. I know Hugo makes mistakes at times but I’d much rather a proactive keeper than one that just invites pressure.

For me, he’s an average keeper.

Everything he’s shown proves he doesn’t have what it takes to be a keeper for a top club.

Being the backup for a top 6 club is probably his limit

Back
Top Bottom