Paulo Gazzaniga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gazziniga good enough to replace Lloris as 1st choice keeper?

• yes

Votes: 62 42.8%
  • no

Votes: 83 57.2%

• Total voters
funny really - when HK bounces well aimed shots in off the foot of the post, we all say what a goalscorer, passed it into the net. When some kid from middlesborough does it - its our keepers fault

forget abot the magnificent stop he made from someone 3 feet away, or his other stops and interceptions - lets just ridicule the lad for not being able to grow like inspector gadget
I thought Gazza had a good game last night.Made a few telling saves

But were they all individual errors by LLoris? I have seen Gazza beating by easy shots at his near post, flapping at balls, getting beaten down the middle. Despite the goal yesterday I thought he had a much improved game and has been improving overall. Yes Lloris makes the odd howler but IMO he is our number one when ever he returns.

Was jus providing food for thought.....

I don't think Gazza's been particularly bad on the basis that he's a back up. Equally I'm not convinced he's the better keeper either.

Got to say we should applaud Gazza for stepping up to the plate the way he did. No he wasn't perfect but he did exactly what a backup GK should be expected to do.
I think he saved us more often than he cost us...

And let's not forget, Lloris's injury was indirectly caused by a HUGE error of judgement!

Still glad he's back though!

Lloris is one of the best sweeper keepers in the game. Gazza is a good shot stopper but lacks the speed off the line and decision making that Lloris has. (imo)

Lloris hasn't played as a sweeper keeper in years. It's one of the reasons we don't press so high up the pitch anymore.

This year granted but not years

It's been a couple of seasons now at least, and it has really impacted our play. Additionaly, it has been to Lloris' detriment, his speed off his line and defending on the edge of the area, made him quite unique amongst prem keepers and was one of the more outstanding qualities, without that he is not particularly outstanding.

Unfortunately not good enough as first keeper for us, but did a good job when needed and seems to be a great guy to have around the team. All you can wish for from a second keeper. Still better then Arrizabalaga :vert:

I think he's fine as a number 2, although obviously long term we need to replace him with a younger keeper who will genuinely challenge Lloris as he ages.

Most clubs don't have two top keepers anymore, eventually players like Cillesen, Navas and Cech get fed up and move on. Gazza is perfectly fine as a keeper to play lesser cup matches and once or twice in the league. He's not a keeper you'd want playing 20 league games a season but that's the case with almost every second keeper in this league. Even a club like Liverpool have a shocking reserve keeper who single-handedly chucked them out of the CL this season.

We are just unlucky that Lloris got such a bizarre and serious injury this season.

If we got a good offer in for him I think we should sell. I’ve never been completely convinced of him and I’m sure we only signed him because he’s from the same village as Poch in Argentina.

it's been told that he has already traveled to Liverpool for medical test. Let's see if its a permanent deal or loan. Would love to see him going and bying a solid defender with the fresh cash. He aint good enough and he isn't going to play this year.

Yeah lets say you get £10m for Gaz, plus potentially the £12.5M from Foyth, and a Sessegnon loan fee, it feels like that should be enough to bridge the reported £10-12m difference with Inter.

Back
Top Bottom