Paulo Gazzaniga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gazziniga good enough to replace Lloris as 1st choice keeper?

• yes

Votes: 62 42.8%
  • no

Votes: 83 57.2%

• Total voters
Didn't get to see the game as have been at work. Really good to hear that he played well as I wsn't too sure when I heard he was selected. Why did Vorm not play or was it just Poch's selection?

Didn't get to see the game as have been at work. Really good to hear that he played well as I wsn't too sure when I heard he was selected. Why did Vorm not play or was it just Poch's selection?
Apparently Vorm suffered a knee injury in training this week. So depending on how serious it is Paulo is getting promoted to second choice keeper ahead of schedule.

He was getting quite a bit of hate on social media when he first signed, Southampton fans didn't rate him and La Liga followers said he was one of the worst goalkeepers in the league last season but you wouldn't believe that if you saw him today. Comfortable in possession, he trains with the outfield players so I am not surprised. Cracking saves, especially the first from the header.

Still think he's a little slow off his line, but that could just be because it's not his natural game and because it was his debut and perhaps a little nervous not to make a mistake? That's easily tweaked with his starting position and the more and more coaching and training he does, he'll learn and become better.

He was getting so involved in the game when it was down the other end, throwing his arms up in the air in support/frustration. Good to see!

Was having a few pints with Some palace fans afterwards and they has seen him before playing for Southampton against them. They really rated him and can't believe we got him for £2mil

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom