Paulo Gazzaniga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gazziniga good enough to replace Lloris as 1st choice keeper?

• yes

Votes: 62 42.8%
  • no

Votes: 83 57.2%

• Total voters
Made some really good saves and the skill on Lozano was fucking brave considering we were 1-0 down and going 2-0 down would have seen the end of us.

But he REALLY needs to be more dominant in his box. It just invites pressure on us when the ball goes in our box and he's on his line whilst our defence retreats deeper and deeper.

Made some really good saves and the skill on Lozano was fucking brave considering we were 1-0 down and going 2-0 down would have seen the end of us.

But he REALLY needs to be more dominant in his box. It just invites pressure on us when the ball goes in our box and he's on his line whilst our defence retreats deeper and deeper.
Yep, seen again that he came for a high ball and backed out of it.
Good performance though.

I know right.... damn Totti this guy and his love for Argentines.
Love Argentina , wonderful people , parilla beef de lomo (rare steak) every night washed down with Mendoza malbac. 3 months of steak and my blood pressure was on critical but well worth it.
I went their 15 years back . We went to a Jesus theme park outside Buenos Aires where the great man pops out of a volcano.

Thankfully controlling the box is simple enough to teach, and at only 26 he has a log of time to learn. Think he's fast becoming a real alternative to Lloris and it's about time we had one.

I went there too. I love the women and nature there.
Brazil and Arg have beautiful gals.
I was with my wife so not allowed to look . Uruguay was amazing, Puento de Diablo, surfing colony near the Brazilian border and a pilgrimage to GouchoFrey Bentos .
Matte been carried everywhere.
Paraguay was like Monty Python. The gun boat ( stop any coup attempts )next to the Presidential Palace with a shanty town next door.

Thankfully controlling the box is simple enough to teach, and at only 26 he has a log of time to learn. Think he's fast becoming a real alternative to Lloris and it's about time we had one.

No doubt about it.

He's 26 and not even played 100 games as a professional, so really he's relatively inexperienced but with his height and size it shouldn't be too hard for him to start commanding his box more as he gets more experience and more confidence.

His distribution today at times was very very good and we know good his shot stopping is. I was never too sure on him before but his performances this season are showing him off to be a very reliable goalkeeper.

There was a ball over the top and behind our defence last night that Lozano was sprinting after, he never got within 15 yards as Gaz was out of his box so quick. The sort of goalkeeping that could have seen very different results against Barca, Citeh and PSV first leg.

Back
Top Bottom