Paulo Gazzaniga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gazziniga good enough to replace Lloris as 1st choice keeper?

• yes

Votes: 62 42.8%
  • no

Votes: 83 57.2%

• Total voters
if we advance through the CL we'll definitely see Lloris return, but if we drop down to the EL wouldnt mind seeing him start and getting some more consistent game time.

This would be one of the rare positives of being knocked out of the Champions League. We would hopefully see more game time from the likes of Gazzaniga, KWP, Skipp etc. whilst also seeing players like Rose and Wanyama use it as a platform to gain full fitness.

It looks evidently clear that he's second choice now.

Gazza getting the call from his country can only be good for Hugo as well. Things can happen quickly if Paulo also starts getting regular games for Argentina. He'll probably up his game now as well

Yaaaaay good for him but fuck me more chance of our players coming back tired and injured, as I’ve said 100 times every time these players spend time away from Poch or injured they regress so much, Poch’s regime has made these kids careers

Yaaaaay good for him but fuck me more chance of our players coming back tired and injured, as I’ve said 100 times every time these players spend time away from Poch or injured they regress so much, Poch’s regime has made these kids careers

To be fair, a keeper shouldn't be all that tired after a couple of games.

...he'll probably come back injured now I've said that!

To be fair, a keeper shouldn't be all that tired after a couple of games.

...he'll probably come back injured now I've said that!

I just mean in general I mean how many were in those semi finals was ridiculous! Every bloody international week its more and more!

Oh how you buggers all laughed at me when I told you this lad should be given a chance.
Particularly Sammy, who gave me dogs abuse for doing so.

Absolutely made up for the lad, I hope he makes the best of the opportunities he has been given.

Most of all - I'm glad that we now have a viable alternative to Hugo that we can feel comfortable with, knowing he's going to be there.

Pochettino does it again!
So it has nothing to do with the player ability? If it was one of the ten field players then we could agree it was Poch’s system/training regime/magic helping the player, but as a keeper I think he should be praised, first of all. Congrats my boy Paulo, hope you nail that spot for Argentina.

So it has nothing to do with the player ability? If it was one of the ten field players then we could agree it was Poch’s system/training regime/magic helping the player, but as a keeper I think he should be praised, first of all. Congrats my boy Paulo, hope you nail that spot for Argentina.

Who picked him?

The guy was nothing more than a bench warmer before Poch put his faith in him.

he needs game time so the manager can see him under pressure not just in training
I old enough to remember Barry Daines coming in when Big Pat was injuried, Daines looked very good, but when we sold Pat and Daines got position fulltime he was not anywhere near Pat

Back
Top Bottom