Paulo Gazzaniga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gazziniga good enough to replace Lloris as 1st choice keeper?

• yes

Votes: 62 42.8%
  • no

Votes: 83 57.2%

• Total voters
Excellent last night. Played a big part in both goals with his distribution.

As bad as this sounds, I actually trust him more than Hugo. I don't have heart palpitations every time the ball goes near him anyway!

Aslong as teams don't cross balls into the box, he's fine. Otherwise he'd be my number one goalkeeper choice.

But excellent when called upon. Definitely number two ahead of Vorm now.

He is a great back up to Lloris, better than Vorm now, but something has been bothering me since the game yesterday. Is he is better looking with a shaven head or not?

:sonhmm:

Last edited:
Good shot stopper but dear lord he is dreadful under high balls and generally hesitant to leave his line. Still has many things he needs to improve if he wants to give Lloris any serious challenge.

That might have something to do with a lack of match fitness. Would say it's something that improves for all keepers the more regularly they play.

He is a great back up to Lloris, better than Vorm now, but something has been bothering me since the game yesterday. Is he is better looking with a shaven head or not?

:sonhmm:

With a shaven head. Implies he is a mad cunt trying to become a Navy Seal or some shit. Not to be fucked with. Leave his box alone. Mother fuckers.

His contract is up at the end of the season so we can and no reports of him being injured so we can safely assume he's being phased out. We need an English 'keeper as our third choice next season for homegrown rules.
Alfie Whiteman is that guy, right?

As for Gazza, he's a great shot stopper and has good distribution. But I worry about his command of the box, seems apprehensive to come out and claim. In the Prem, that's a killer.

Something to work on.

Alfie Whiteman is that guy, right?

As for Gazza, he's a great shot stopper and has good distribution. But I worry about his command of the box, seems apprehensive to come out and claim. In the Prem, that's a killer.

Something to work on.
How old is he? If they're younger than 21 they don't have to be registered for the CL do they?

What happened to Vorm? Is he injured or just being phased out?

Deal's up at the end of the season so the latter one would expect...

I was surprised the club didn't try and flip him for a few £m last summer with PG already in the ranks. One shouldn't underestimate the unique challenge a reserve keeper faces; he's EPL calibre in his own right.

Been a good servant; I guess maybe the club feel he's earned a nice signing on bonus for any last big deal he may score for himself.

Lloris is a better keeper, but Gazzaniga has certainly earned himself the spot as number 2.

Agreed. Bodes very well as an eventual successor if he can keep improving.

Toni Jiménez seems to get a lot of love form inside the club; him & Hugo bringing Paulo through could be quite the dream team.

With a shaven head. Implies he is a mad cunt trying to become a Navy Seal or some shit. Not to be fucked with. Leave his box alone. Mother fuckers.

...Or that he lost a bet with the nicest, most un-threatening lad imaginable, tough guuuuuy! :sonlol:

Unfortunately given how good he's proven to be I don't think we'll be able to keep hold of him because Lloris will be the de facto No.1 keeper for many more years to come and Gazza is not exactly young anymore. I'm almost certain any half-decent club can lure him away if they promise him the No.1 spot. Not that I can blame him, the man must want to play week in week out for club and country and he rightfully deserves to. I would say getting some good money out of him while keeping Vorm would be the best course of action for everyone should it be inevitable that he will go.

You can't think like that pal. He wasn't getting a look in at Southampton and we took a punt on him. We need to get out of this mindset that we are a selling club, superstars or fringe players. He's a Tottenham player, he's playing more first team games now than at any time of his career in this country and he won't be going anywhere unless it benefits Tottenham.

From 3rd choice to all of a sudden we can't keep hold of him is insane

That's a name I never thought I'd read again...

e4442b5f-dcb3-4869-b03a-159daa83d5e2.jpg

As I always love to say whenever Baarsden is mentioned (it happens a lot, trust me), he gave up football to become a fund manager for an asset company.

There were like two games where I thought he was definitely better than Ian Walker.

As for Gazzaniga, I'm really happy with how he's been playing. Now Hugo has got over his wobble and given his obvious very important leadership qualities I don't see Paolo dislodging him anytime soon. When you're only playing 15% of games it's less difficult to put in consistently good performances and I think this is what is happening here. Still very pleased he's here though, and want him to play all available "lesser" fixtures. Oh, and I would.

Ohhhh yes. I would.

(Don't tell my girlfriend, though.)

As I always love to say whenever Baarsden is mentioned (it happens a lot, trust me), he gave up football to become a fund manager for an asset company.

There were like two games where I thought he was definitely better than Ian Walker.

As for Gazzaniga, I'm really happy with how he's been playing. Now Hugo has got over his wobble and given his obvious very important leadership qualities I don't see Paolo dislodging him anytime soon. When you're only playing 15% of games it's less difficult to put in consistently good performances and I think this is what is happening here. Still very pleased he's here though, and want him to play all available "lesser" fixtures. Oh, and I would.

Ohhhh yes. I would.

(Don't tell my girlfriend, though.)

tumblr_pjluunEhtg1xlzby3o1_400.gif

Back
Top Bottom