Paulo Gazzaniga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gazziniga good enough to replace Lloris as 1st choice keeper?

• yes

Votes: 62 42.8%
  • no

Votes: 83 57.2%

• Total voters
.....Wouldn't that be even more damning then?

We shipped 10 in 5 days in that period too.

But were they all individual errors by LLoris? I have seen Gazza beating by easy shots at his near post, flapping at balls, getting beaten down the middle. Despite the goal yesterday I thought he had a much improved game and has been improving overall. Yes Lloris makes the odd howler but IMO he is our number one when ever he returns.

funny really - when HK bounces well aimed shots in off the foot of the post, we all say what a goalscorer, passed it into the net. When some kid from middlesborough does it - its our keepers fault

forget abot the magnificent stop he made from someone 3 feet away, or his other stops and interceptions - lets just ridicule the lad for not being able to grow like inspector gadget

funny really - when HK bounces well aimed shots in off the foot of the post, we all say what a goalscorer, passed it into the net. When some kid from middlesborough does it - its our keepers fault

forget abot the magnificent stop he made from someone 3 feet away, or his other stops and interceptions - lets just ridicule the lad for not being able to grow like inspector gadget
I thought Gazza had a good game last night.Made a few telling saves

But were they all individual errors by LLoris? I have seen Gazza beating by easy shots at his near post, flapping at balls, getting beaten down the middle. Despite the goal yesterday I thought he had a much improved game and has been improving overall. Yes Lloris makes the odd howler but IMO he is our number one when ever he returns.

Was jus providing food for thought.....

I don't think Gazza's been particularly bad on the basis that he's a back up. Equally I'm not convinced he's the better keeper either.

Just lost his place to Lloris but is not sulking or running off crying to Dave Kidd of The Sun, he's there living the game. Fucking nice to see and Jose was top in his interview recognising Gazza before talking about Lloris when asked.

Just lost his place to Lloris but is not sulking or running off crying to Dave Kidd of The Sun, he's there living the game. Fucking nice to see and Jose was top in his interview recognising Gazza before talking about Lloris when asked.

Not quite... that was filmed when the Pukki penalty went in!!
:llorishuh:

But yes, I see where you're coming from, great TEAM spirit shown there, right DANNY?! :roseunsure:

But that's what Mourinho said. It was painful to drop him. But Lloris presence and experience at the back was needed from a team that is struggling mentally.

That moment late in the game when he decisively owned one of their crosses to take the pressure off.... Your comment in a nutshell.

Last edited:
No disrespect to Norwich, but this was a good game to come back from injury in...
He was hardly tested, he ALMOST got the the penalty (which was a better one than Deeney's at the weekend) and overall, gave the defence the reassurance it needed.

Let's face it, Gazza was only ever a back up for Lloris... and was always gonna make way when he was fit again.

Got to say we should applaud Gazza for stepping up to the plate the way he did. No he wasn't perfect but he did exactly what a backup GK should be expected to do.
I think he saved us more often than he cost us...

And let's not forget, Lloris's injury was indirectly caused by a HUGE error of judgement!

Still glad he's back though!

We need better than both of them, and a young hungry top preferably British number three to put pressure on him.

I agree, I like Lloris however I think Gazza was improving overall and a trifle unfortunate to be replaced. Lloris does have brain farts in him - as shown from his calamitous injury and he also has a tendency to sit down on his backside before a player takes his shot making things easier for the attacker. Distribution is famously ropey as well and I haven’t missed his passing out from the back either. A tough call to make and I Hope Gazza has done enough to show Lloris that he is ready to take over if he drops his standards.

Back
Top Bottom