Paulo Rossi

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not talking from any position of knowledge here, but I guess he also didn't have a team akin to Bayern around him?
Juventus were pretty handy when he was there. But do we’re a number of other Italian clubs. And it was a defensive time too.

Plus he had a bit of “time off” too which must have impacted match fitness for a long while.

Rossi was absolute class striker. The 1982 world cup had some great matches but Italy v Brazil was the best. Paolo Rossi became an instant hero for all Italians.
RIP Paolo

There is a great show on Netflix called 'Becoming Champions' which is about World Cup winning squads of history, includes interviews with Rossi and him telling the story in his own words. Might just watch that tonight in memory.

Lewandowski?
I think Kane and Lewandoski are the prototype of the modern number 9: physical and technical strength. Paolo Rossi was an area "bird of prey".
If we go to the 2000s Pippo Inzaghi comes to mind. In 1982 he was the terminal of a solid team that was perhaps not the strongest but it was certainly a great group, still friends today. Everyone was at his funeral.

Back
Top Bottom