Pelé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I grew up years after he had retired but in the playground kids still wanted to be Pele. His name was just synonymous with football greatness.

If there is a Mount Rushmore of football he's the first one on there.

Whenever I've watched footage of him he's always struck me as some sort of time traveller. As if a modern, athletic and well trained striker had somehow materialised in the past. His style of play wouldn't look out of place in today's Prem.

SpiderSpurs

Supporter
🪃🦘 Bonza!! 🦘🪃
Looked for a Pele thread, couldn't find one. Apologies if I missed it.

One of the greatest ever football players is 80 today.

Pele at 80: Where does he rank among the GOATs?​

Happy Birthday!

Mick Cooper Mick Cooper and Bazali Bazali were both 40 at the time, pretty sure they say watched him back in 1970
I was twelve in 1970, you asinine half wit.
I did watch him play in the 70 world cup (on TV) and I also watched him play for Santos in a friendly match at Hillsborough in 1971/72, bunked off school with a load of Wednesday fans to watch the game. Had some of the other WC winners as well, Carlos Alberto IIRC.
Got a major bollocking from my dad, for coming home late, it was fucking cold.

brazil-pele.gif

No matter how many times i watch it i always think the keeper will get that.
And he never does...pure genius.

Although it feels we were just waiting for this news, it's still a shock when it actually happens.
RIP to a giant of the game we love, doubt we'll ever see his like again.

It doesn't matter how many times i watch it that dummy on the goalkeeper is still one of the most brilliant things i've seen on a football pitch.

It's just a shame he didn't actually score. But the fact he did it showed his footballing mind was a step ahead of those around him.

What the BBC has done is like quoting Michael Jackson in tribute to Madeline McCann.

Honestly, you English cunts will accept all manner of racist debauchery. I'm actually quite impressed by how you pick and choose your standards.

Anyway, did you manage to catch Prince Andrew the musical this evening? Quite the romp.
You really have no limits to your plastic virtue signalling based trolling do you?
From someone who claims to be a Scot, quite the most racist country known to man, who when they aren't abusing people by their skin colour, hair colour or generally coming from anywhere south of Hadrian's wall - they simply fight with each other over a religious division.
If you want t to significantly improve things around here and influence opinion, then just close your account and go elsewhere.
Thanks for shitting on a thread that has become a memorial to a legendary footballing icon.

Back
Top Bottom