Pep Guardiola

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I actually think if we allow the poppy we should allow thee ribbon. It's a slippery slope. If I was pep I would of worn a lovely cashmere lemon Jersey. He can carry it off.
:vdvhmm:
Agreed. If we allow the poppy, allow the ribbon. But then allow any other political symbol, no matter how agreeable or otherwise we may find them.

Pains me to say it about the plastic cunts, but Pep's City side of this season is the best the English game has even seen.

In fact, it doesn't pain me to say it actually, because the team has zero connection to Man City. They could be anywhere. The City success, like so many other plastic clubs, has as much authenticity as a Pro Evolution side.

I hope that the Premier League doesn't turn into the Bundesliga or Serie A, with one team massively dominating for years. That's only going to kill interest. It's only been one season, admittedly, but unless the oil state gets bored of hoovering up every good player or some other bunch of criminals decide to buy a PL team and spend spend spend every other club is going to be a bit of an underdog. Man City dominating isn't as bad as it would be if it was a team we were rivals with, they're a bit of a nothing club and I can tune out from their success in a way I couldn't do when Chelsea and Woolwich were bossing it, but it's going to be as boring as fuck if every season is a race to see who can challenge them. It's hard to see anyone really getting close for the league title next season, at least.

Got out of the wrong side of bed this morning!

I hope that the Premier League doesn't turn into the Bundesliga or Serie A, with one team massively dominating for years. That's only going to kill interest. It's only been one season, admittedly, but unless the oil state gets bored of hoovering up every good player or some other bunch of criminals decide to buy a PL team and spend spend spend every other club is going to be a bit of an underdog. Man City dominating isn't as bad as it would be if it was a team we were rivals with, they're a bit of a nothing club and I can tune out from their success in a way I couldn't do when Chelsea and Woolwich were bossing it, but it's going to be as boring as fuck if every season is a race to see who can challenge them. It's hard to see anyone really getting close for the league title next season, at least.

It won't.

City have been good but are now there to be shot down.

I don't see them as being as good as all the sycophantic plaudits suggest.

It won't.

City have been good but are now there to be shot down.

I don't see them as being as good as all the sycophantic plaudits suggest.

How? They have limitless funds, it will be upgrade upgrade upgrade until the owners get bored - hope I'm wrong as one team dominating is boring. Also bored of pundits going on about how wonderful they are when the sources of their mega wealth are a bit fishy, to say the least.

That said, they do play great football and aren't a rival, which is some comfort.

No you didn't, pretty much my thoughts on the city project too.

I don't like him or respect him.
His antics against Bournemouth at the beginning of the season were disgusting, and showed the true character of the man.
Oh the audacity of Bournemouth actually trying to beat his team. Pretty much the last time any of the of the 14 teams below 6th bothered turning up for them.
I obviously really hope we can beat them for our sakes, but it would also be interesting to see if we can trigger a meltdown.

Does Guardiola get the sack if they fail to beat Lyon here? It's heavily suggested that his main KPI is to win the CL. He will have had 4(?) chances now and failed having had pretty much unlimited funds at his disposal.

Does Guardiola get the sack if they fail to beat Lyon here? It's heavily suggested that his main KPI is to win the CL. He will have had 4(?) chances now and failed having had pretty much unlimited funds at his disposal.

No chance.

Took over a team with Kompany, Silva, KDB, Fenandinho & Aguero, spent £700million and what has he done that isn't expected with all of that?

He let a team win their first title in 30 years with 7 games to spare

City were done by VAR tonight, the Lyon 2nd goal should not have given, there was a clear foul in the build up, and as for the offside.
Well, according to the current bullshit offside rules made by some cunt who has never played the game in his life it was onside, but bringing common sense into the equation (outdated concept these days) I have no idea how your supposed to defend that when you've played a striker five yards offside and he's clearly interfering with play. A rule that badly needs to be re-introduced.

City bossed the game and somehow lost 3-1 but it was a freak result.

Can't really pin that on Guardiola tonight, we'd be livid if that decision had gone against us.

Back
Top Bottom