Pep Guardiola

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Scenes when Pep shows up at Hotspur way and Kane thinks he’s come to take him to the Etihad, but instead it’s to beg Yaya for forgiveness.

Ah... now I know why we hired him. Secret agent Yaya spends all day in training slagging off Pep so Kane doesn't want to join him at Citeh.

So the greatest manager of all time has failed to win the Champions League AGAIN.
Are the oilmen going to stick with a bloke who has failed to achieve his main objective year after year?
He has been given everything he wants (except maybe our Harry). Money no object. Facilities no object. Unrivalled support (not the fans). Utter failure to deliver the stated target of his employment. How many attempts does he get before he gets the elbow?
Call me daft (been called worse), but I would not be surprised to see Poch going there.

So the greatest manager of all time has failed to win the Champions League AGAIN.
Are the oilmen going to stick with a bloke who has failed to achieve his main objective year after year?
He has been given everything he wants (except maybe our Harry). Money no object. Facilities no object. Unrivalled support (not the fans). Utter failure to deliver the stated target of his employment. How many attempts does he get before he gets the elbow?

Sacking him would be ludicrous. He has a tendency to make poor decisions in the CL but he's offered by far the best football and most consistency of any City manager. They probably still win the league over a ridiculously good Liverpool side, and had two cup semi finals.

You don't appoint managers just to win in a cup tournament, or you end up like PSG sacking a coach every season because of it. There's far too many variables in these kind of competitions, City dominated both games and chucked it away in 5 minutes.

The way I look at it, both Mancini & Pellegrini won the title at City and both got sacked.

I think it was obvious that Pep was hired at City for one specific reason, win the Champions League, maybe several like he did at Barca, he's been there for going on 6 years now and still hasn't delivered it.

It may seem ludicrous to most of us, but the City ownership don't think like most of us.

I'm sure Pep will wanna spend another £200m in the summer.

I think he's a good coach, but it does help that you have access to funds to whoever he wants. Most Pep cycles end after 4 years because the players can't keep doing what he demands. At City he's staying longer because he knows that whoever he needs to bring in to refresh the squad he'll get (barring Kane😆).

Can’t see this doing anything but strengthening their resolve to get Haaland. Benzema form this season is also a reason clubs wouldn’t be afraid of picking up Kane before he’s 30.

City - maybe another CM to replace Fernandinho.

But I can’t see this ending up with them sacking him. They need a bit of minor surgery. Not a full rebuild like United.

Why the hell would you flush 100 mil down the toilet for Grealish, but not stump up the reddies to get Kane.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they didn't, but that decision is looking more and more bizarre.

Why the hell would you flush 100 mil down the toilet for Grealish, but not stump up the reddies to get Kane.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they didn't, but that decision is looking more and more bizarre.

I can only assume they thought they would get Kane for £100m but we obviously wanted more like £160m and for the deal to be done early in the window when Vlahovic and Martinez where still available.

For some odd reason City and Kane’s brother must have thought Levy would buckle even though Kane is on a 3 year deal. Really amateur at the time and in hindsight.

The way I look at it, both Mancini & Pellegrini won the title at City and both got sacked.

I think it was obvious that Pep was hired at City for one specific reason, win the Champions League, maybe several like he did at Barca, he's been there for going on 6 years now and still hasn't delivered it.

It may seem ludicrous to most of us, but the City ownership don't think like most of us.

He's on the verge of signing a new contract

I would have sacked him last summer for that team selection in the final.

If he blows the league this season on top of failure in the champions league yet again then I really don’t see how he keeps his job. They should give someone else a go at it.

I can only assume they thought they would get Kane for £100m but we obviously wanted more like £160m and for the deal to be done early in the window when Vlahovic and Martinez where still available.

For some odd reason City and Kane’s brother must have thought Levy would buckle even though Kane is on a 3 year deal. Really amateur at the time and in hindsight.

Yeah think they arrogantly thought they could get him for that and we’d bend over and give them what they wanted and say thanks for the privilege.

He cannot play any other way which is his biggest problem, in fact I'd go as far to say he isn't very good unless he has much better players than anyone else.
That result did make me chuckle 😆
Correct. Bit of a flat track bully about Pep. He’s grand when his teams are in control and dominating, which is most of the time week in week out against likes of Burnley, Watford, Villa and Southampton.

It’s all about Pep though. His Citeh teams always seem to lack leaders and big personalities. When things start going wrong and a Plan B is needed, they seem to lack in field leadership.

Klopp is a big personality too but he has plenty of big personalities and leaders on the field too.

Got to say, love him to bits but Harry has a habit of not turning up in important games( we have had a few)

Correct. Bit of a flat track bully about Pep. He’s grand when his teams are in control and dominating, which is most of the time week in week out against likes of Burnley, Watford, Villa and Southampton.

It’s all about Pep though. His Citeh teams always seem to lack leaders and big personalities. When things start going wrong and a Plan B is needed, they seem to lack in field leadership.

Klopp is a big personality too but he has plenty of big personalities and leaders on the field too.
Do you think PL referees help their dominance by giving them decisions and allowing their tactical fouls, whereas CL referees allow the game to flow better and teams can put them under pressure?

This is my favourite one. A truly broken man.

images

I want him sacked just to freshen things up a bit. It's become so dull.

Back
Top Bottom