Peter Crouch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amazing to think how influential he was to our first ever CL campaign. Of course he scored the goal at City to help clinch qualification to the CL qualifiers, but he also got a hattrick in the play off home game after we lost the away tie 3-2, then 3 goals in the group stage, and of course the winner in the San Siro and only goal of the tie against AC Milan which took us into the quarters.

Then had a brainfart at the Bernabau and got himself sent off which totally ruined any small hope we had :crouch:

Thanks for the memories Crouchy. Genuinely a good guy

and vs City. The scenes were immense. It prompted me to buy the under arm piss stained shirt signed and now framed by all the squad! I have a few of these, it's the only one that's no hung on the wall. LOL
I didn't make to Manchester game to qualify us to champions League but was out in Milan for the game and even though the city is shit that we remain one my favourite nights @ football.

I've mentioned it a couple of times, but if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be a Spurs fan. The City game was the first Spurs match that I saw, and I immediately fell in love with the club. So, thank you big man, and happy retirement!

As someone not old enough to remember 1991, that goal against City still stands out to me as the most elated, I've been as a Spurs fan. League cup wins were nice and all, but the sheer feeling of unexpected accomplishment that night will not be passed, perhaps ever, and at least not until a PL or CL win.

For that reason alone, he's a legend on a personal level.

And then he just seems such an honest and fun bloke. There's no other Spurs player, I'd rather have a pint, or ten, with down the local.

As someone not old enough to remember 1991, that goal against City still stands out to me as the most elated, I've been as a Spurs fan. League cup wins were nice and all, but the sheer feeling of unexpected accomplishment that night will not be passed, perhaps ever, and at least not until a PL or CL win.

For that reason alone, he's a legend on a personal level.

And then he just seems such an honest and fun bloke. There's no other Spurs player, I'd rather have a pint, or ten, with down the local.
After last season against city and then Ajax both he's goals against city and Milan have been pushed down the list for me.

Back
Top Bottom