Peter Crouch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is a good lad. Not the most gifted of players but done well enough. His career records show that.
He's the fans perfect team member. As you quite rightly say, not the most gifted, but he always put a shift in. As a supporter you cannot choose who is in the team but as long as I see everyone walking off that pitch knackered because they've given everything out there I can ask for no more. Crouchy was one such player. Good luck to the man....

Great story in this article:

There’s a memorable story in the book about meeting Mickey Rourke in Miami in 2006, when you went on holiday with friends after the World Cup…

We were out and I was like: “Oh, there’s Mickey Rourke.” And he was like: “Oh, you’re robot boy!” I’ve got a picture somewhere of me and him doing the robot together in Miami. I’ll find it one day. It was great, we had two amazing nights [with him]. But I was on a lads’ holiday – he lived out there, that was his life! So the third one he knocked on our bedroom door and I peeked through [the peephole] and went: “Lads, it’s Mickey Rourke.” And they went: “Ah, fucking bin him. Get rid.” So I pretended I wasn’t in and went back to bed. He slipped a letter under the door and it was like: “Let’s meet here for dinner.” And I literally left it in the hotel room. I didn’t even bring the letter home to show anyone. Nuts. I wish I had it now, obviously.

He's the fans perfect team member. As you quite rightly say, not the most gifted, but he always put a shift in. As a supporter you cannot choose who is in the team but as long as I see everyone walking off that pitch knackered because they've given everything out there I can ask for no more. Crouchy was one such player. Good luck to the man....

How could anyone dislike Crouchy ?

Yes - 12 league goals in 72 games when you had a support system of Bale,VDV, Lennon and Modric tells it’s own story. Terrible touch, zero pace, poor technique - he wasn’t even a great header of the ball given his height. His constant putting his tongue out at each fuck up seriously grated.
Yet Van Der Vaart puts him in the best XI of players he's played with. His play wasn't just about scoring, or else he obviously wouldn't have got near any of the starting line-ups for the teams he's played for

Yet Van Der Vaart puts him in the best XI of players he's played with. His play wasn't just about scoring, or else he obviously wouldn't have got near any of the starting line-ups for the teams he's played for

Good for VDV - I look at facts which show is goal per game ratio was abysmal, that his assist ratio ( not just about scoring) was abysmal and the game is littered with mediocre players playing for top sides. Crouch is certainly one of them.

Yet Van Der Vaart puts him in the best XI of players he's played with.
Probably also because he liked Crouch and he enjoyed playing with him, I mean Van der Vaart has played with strikers like Zlatan, Raúl (300+ goals for Real Madrid), Benzema, Higuain, Kluivert, Van Nistelrooy, Van Persie etc.

Last edited:
Currie the pundit: "Spurs should sell Kane to United"
Poch gives Jenas and Crouch hugs after the Red Star win.
Currie: Why didn't I get a hug?
Crouch: Because you suggested that Kane should go to United.

The robot strikes again :crouch:

Why would he enjoy playing with him?
Because they had a decent understanding of each other on the pitch and we were playing some enjoyable football at the time.. That's fair enough, but it's laughable to even suggest that Crouch was the best striker VDV has ever played with, strikers like Raul and Van Nistelrooy were lightyears ahead of him and Crouch is probably the first to admit that.

Because they had a decent understanding of each other on the pitch and we were playing some enjoyable football at the time.. That's fair enough, but it's laughable to even suggest that Crouch was the best striker VDV has ever played with, strikers like Raul and Van Nistelrooy were lightyears ahead of him and Crouch is probably the first to admit that.
It's not about him being the best striker, but if he brought out the best in VdV's play, yes even compared to Raul and Van Nistelrooy, then he has a lot more value than you or others have given him. He certainly wasn't the "awful" that the other miserable fart above suggested.

It's not about him being the best striker, but if he brought out the best in VdV's play, yes even compared to Raul and Van Nistelrooy, then he has a lot more value than you or others have given him. He certainly wasn't the "awful" that the other miserable fart above suggested.
Then it's not the 'Best XI he has played with' and I agree that Crouch was a decent and useful striker, but as I said light years behind some of the elite strikers VDV has played with.

Last edited:
Then it's not the 'Best XI he has played with' and I agree that Crouch was a decent and useful striker, but as I said light years behind some of the elite strikers VDV has played with.
The point of an IX should be a team that would actually work well together, rather than 11 of the most amazing players. Obviously it can be interpreted that way if you like, so I'm not saying you're wrong to look at it that way, but neither am I to look at it my way.

The point of an IX should be a team that would actually work well together, rather than 11 of the most amazing players. Obviously it can be interpreted that way if you like, so I'm not saying you're wrong to look at it that way, but neither am I to look at it my way.
It's getting very boring now, but let me finish by saying that I agree that Crouch wasn't as awful as some people are suggesting.

Back
Top Bottom