Petition for Jeff Bezos to buy Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ENIC getting in on the NFL is the ultimate fear delusion of some Spurs supporters. Quite simply, Lewis is too broke to even make an approach. Most his wealth is tied up in Spurs at this point, he'd never pass financial muster. Last time an NFL franchise sold it was for $2.2B, and that was before the latest TV deals. It'd cost $3B+ to even buy the Jaguars or Titans today.
?? How do you come to that conclusion ?

?? How do you come to that conclusion ?
Looking into it, Forbes have placed a value on Spurs at $2.3B and estimated Lewis' worth at $4.9B. Taking into account his share of ENIC is 70.6%, it comes out that Spurs represent 33% of Lewis' wealth. So I was off the mark a bit, but its still a huge portion of his wealth and he certainly doesn't have the liquidity to spend like Abramovich or Mansour.

Seems a logical conclusion. Huge amazon penis smile plastered on the stadium, free prime for sth, loads of cash for transfers and all Spurs matches on prime. Let’s set the wheels in motion!
180419121306-amazon-jeff-bezos-happy-large-169.jpg

Almost a year later and only 8 signatures.

🚀

Looking into it, Forbes have placed a value on Spurs at $2.3B and estimated Lewis' worth at $4.9B. Taking into account his share of ENIC is 70.6%, it comes out that Spurs represent 33% of Lewis' wealth. So I was off the mark a bit, but its still a huge portion of his wealth and he certainly doesn't have the liquidity to spend like Abramovich or Mansour.
But all of Spurs worth is basically debt owed to banks , it’s nothing to do with Lewis worth

But all of Spurs worth is basically debt owed to banks , it’s nothing to do with Lewis worth
That's not how the valuations work, though, which is the point of taking valuations from the same source. Forbes calculate Spurs worth at $2.3B and Lewis owns 70% of that asset, and thus ascribe $1.62B net worth to him for his ownership stake.

Its the same with common finances. If you deducted debt owed on an asset from its owner's net worth, almost all homeowners in the world would have a negative net worth thanks to the value of their mortgage. That isn't the case, and thus most of any homeowner's net worth is the value of their home.

Lewis is absolutely rich. But he's closer to the Dildo Bros. than Abramovich. The fact that the value of the asset that makes up 33% of his net worth is heavily leveraged means he's even less well positioned to invest heavily into that asset.

That's not how the valuations work, though, which is the point of taking valuations from the same source. Forbes calculate Spurs worth at $2.3B and Lewis owns 70% of that asset, and thus ascribe $1.62B net worth to him for his ownership stake.

Its the same with common finances. If you deducted debt owed on an asset from its owner's net worth, almost all homeowners in the world would have a negative net worth thanks to the value of their mortgage. That isn't the case, and thus most of any homeowner's net worth is the value of their home.

Lewis is absolutely rich. But he's closer to the Dildo Bros. than Abramovich. The fact that the value of the asset that makes up 33% of his net worth is heavily leveraged means he's even less well positioned to invest heavily into that asset.
But let’s say he sells Spurs , the debt is paid back in theory diminishing his wealth . But we all know if he were to sell Spurs we’d be lumbered with the debt not him.

Haha that figure is absolute nonsense. Lewis is worth way more than that. He likely has billions in offshore accounts and companies nobody is even aware of. Tavistock investment in 2 projects in Florida is currently £8bn and on going that’s 2 projects he has 200 companies. I literally find a new massive project every week from huge pharmaceutical involvement to owning a large chunk of Bulgaria. I’ve said it before he could easily financially compete with City and Chelsea easily but he chooses not to.

But let’s say he sells Spurs , the debt is paid back in theory diminishing his wealth . But we all know if he were to sell Spurs we’d be lumbered with the debt not him.
The debt is not untenable. I don't understand the obsession with corporate debt from football supporters, most businesses operate with substantial debt obligations. Its not really an issue.

Haha that figure is absolute nonsense. Lewis is worth way more than that. He likely has billions in offshore accounts and companies nobody is even aware of. Tavistock investment in 2 projects in Florida is currently £8bn and on going that’s 2 projects he has 200 companies. I literally find a new massive project every week from huge pharmaceutical involvement to owning a large chunk of Bulgaria. I’ve said it before he could easily financially compete with City and Chelsea easily but he chooses not to.
Yeah, you're living in a fantasy world.

Yeah, you're living in a fantasy world.

What is a fantasy please tell me ? Everything I’ve stated is fact. Tavistock investment in lake Nona and Sunbridge is £8bn and counting. Lewis has built one of the most advanced new cities in Florida. To suggest he can’t find £250m to invest in Spurs is ludicrous.

Bit embarrassing this thread tbh. The concept of it, not necessarily content as the having a player next day joke made me lol but it does make us sound very entitled.

The debt is not untenable. I don't understand the obsession with corporate debt from football supporters, most businesses operate with substantial debt obligations. Its not really an issue.
Probably because the created debt effects the footballing side of THFC as it restricts buying new players , as you’ve seen this window with Levy’s statement . The footballing side is what most fans are interested in.

Probably because the created debt effects the footballing side of THFC as it restricts buying new players , as you’ve seen this window with Levy’s statement . The footballing side is what most fans are interested in.
But that, again, is looking at everything in a vacuum. Without the debt we wouldn't have the new training ground and the new stadium and the additional revenue it brings. We would have sold Kane and Son years ago, as we wouldn't have been able to afford their wages. We wouldn't have bought Ndombele.

The debt is a net positive, we're better off with it than without it.

What is a fantasy please tell me ? Everything I’ve stated is fact. Tavistock investment in lake Nona and Sunbridge is £8bn and counting. Lewis has built one of the most advanced new cities in Florida. To suggest he can’t find £250m to invest in Spurs is ludicrous.
When it comes to financial assessments we can either believe the world's leading financial publication or Delboy750 off TFC. The fantasy world you inhabit is the delusion that anyone chooses the latter over the former.

Tavistock is heavily invested in Lake Nona, but they don't own everything in the development, ergo the "value" of Lake Nona isn't on their books. Lewis also doesn't own all of Tavistock Group, so all the value of its portfolio isn't ascribed to Lewis.

£250M on footballers isn't an investment, either. Its insanity. Levy is a cunt, but not because of the way he runs the finances of Spurs. I've no interest in supporting a club like City, Chelsea, or PSG - fuck that. Thats everything thats wrong with football.

Back
Top Bottom