PFA men’s & women’s Player & Young Player of the Year nominees

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Guido 🇺🇦

"Legacy Fan"
EhEOPYlWsAU7ALC

You really think Greenwood had a better season than Trent Alexander-Arnold? I agree on KDB.
I think that 18-year old Greenwood has had a spectacular breakthrough season, TAA has been around for a while and has done alright of course.

Greenwood would be my "young player of the year", but I'm not saying that he is already a better player than for instance TAA.

PFAPOTY: KDB
PFAYPOTY: TAA

....Cos I'm too lazy to type any more letters than I have to.

I think that 18-year old Greenwood has had a spectacular breakthrough season, TAA has been around for a while and has done alright of course.

Greenwood would be my "young player of the year", but I'm not saying that he is already a better player than for instance TAA.

But shouldn't the winner of the category "Young player of the year 19/20" be the player that qualifies for being a candidate that performed best in 19/20?

Greenwood is a hell of a finisher, but he did not have a full season of great performances. TAA on the other hand is said to be setting a new standard for how to play as a full back, was excellent pretty much every game of the season, won the league with his team, and contributed heavily with 13 assists and 4 goals in 35 starts and 3 sub appearances, featuring in every single league game for the league winners.

If the category was "Breakthrough of the year" or something like that, Greenwood could have been the guy.

But shouldn't the winner of the category "Young player of the year 19/20" be the player that qualifies for being a candidate that performed best in 19/20?

Greenwood is a hell of a finisher, but he did not have a full season of great performances. TAA on the other hand is said to be setting a new standard for how to play as a full back, was excellent pretty much every game of the season, won the league with his team, and contributed heavily with 13 assists and 4 goals in 35 starts and 3 sub appearances, featuring in every single league game for the league winners.

If the category was "Breakthrough of the year" or something like that, Greenwood could have been the guy.
Well, you can always 'vote' for TAA if he is YOUR Young Player of the Year. Undoubtedly there also people who wouldn't agree on De Bruyne, fine with me.

Henderson and Alexander-Arnold will win.

Personally think it should be de Bruyne for POTY though.

Not sure Mason Mount would even be on that list if he wasn't English.

Henderson and Alexander-Arnold will win.

Personally think it should be de Bruyne for POTY though.

Not sure Mason Mount would even be on that list if he wasn't English.

...Same as Abraham.

So good they've been replaced for the upcoming season.

...Same as Abraham.

So good they've been replaced for the upcoming season.

To be fair to Abraham, at least he was involved in 19 goals (15G; 4A) in the league this season in 2,222 minutes played which is the equivalent to 24 games.

A goal every 1.26 games- a pretty good return.

That was LESS minutes than Harry Kane had, who was involved in 20 goals (18G; 2A) in 2,590 minutes which was the equivalent to about 28 games.

A goal every 1.4 games.

Sadly, Abraham has suffered from Chelsea wanting or needing the biggest names to please their own fans. Sure, Werner is an upgrade on Abraham but his development is just going to get halted again. He's only 22 years old and has 4 less goals than Kane did at the same age in the Premier League.

He should leave and go to a club that's going to play him week in and week out.

To be fair to Abraham, at least he was involved in 19 goals (15G; 4A) in the league this season in 2,222 minutes played which is the equivalent to 24 games.

A goal every 1.26 games- a pretty good return.

That was LESS minutes than Harry Kane had, who was involved in 20 goals (18G; 2A) in 2,590 minutes which was the equivalent to about 28 games.

A goal every 1.4 games.

Sadly, Abraham has suffered from Chelsea wanting or needing the biggest names to please their own fans. Sure, Werner is an upgrade on Abraham but his development is just going to get halted again. He's only 22 years old and has 4 less goals than Kane did at the same age in the Premier League.

He should leave and go to a club that's going to play him week in and week out.

Fair enough.... From my perspective the early season hype soon died off and not being able to up-end Giroud upon return was all the more damning.

No chance they let him leave IMO..... They'll just want him longer term to be back-up for Werner once Giroud calls it quits.

i wish for the young player of the year award they would put some sort of games played cap to eliminate guys like Rashford and TAA. I know they are eligible but these guys have over 100 games played for their club. I think it would be cooler to see some newcomers win.get recognized.

I understand that is not necessarily the intent of the award and TAA/Rashford are fully deserving of winning under the current rules, just a personal opinion that I would like that or some award designed to highlight some of the newer, young players rather than the top guys, but maybe that should be done with another award.

Back
Top Bottom