Pick a Previous Season for an Amazon Doc

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amazon Doc Season

• 10/11

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 11/12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12/13

• 13/14

• 14/15

• 15/16

• 16/17

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • 17/18

• 18/19

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • 19/20

• Total voters

Dr Rocktopus

🎃🦇🎃🦇🎃
Plenty of complaints about the upcoming Amazon documentary, but if you had to pick a season from recent times where it was made, what would it be?

Last season would have been interesting, but ultimately very disappointing. Pretty much the same with most seasons under Pochettino.

Personally I’d pick the season where Pochettino kicked out the trouble-makers and started to build his team, but this is probably one of the more intriguing seasons we’ve had.

From a behind-the-scenes perspective, 91/92 with the takeover battle between Alan Sugar and Robert Maxwell, Terry Venables going from manager to part-owner and backroom svengali, Gazzamania going off the rails, and the background dealings that birthed the Premier League, there would be a ton of rich story there to mine and a lot of really big personalities.

last season at the lane no question.

played unreal football, lost 4 games all season. won 17/19 at home drew the other two.

Scored 4 goals or more in the league TEN times! 10!

Chelsea won the league - fair enough, they were good under Conte but we scored more and conceded less.

1983/1984 would have been a good one - getting to the UEFA Cup Final but still losing a successful manager due to boardroom interference.

From the list above, the season we left the Lane would get my vote. I would love to see footage of behind the scenes of The Finale.

15/16

From the early beginnings where there were murmurs of fans wanting Poch gone. Him disrespecting the League Cup AND NLD by fielding a weakened team and then getting knocked out. To suddenly turning on the style and becoming this team that came out of nowhere to take on little Leicester.

Seeing how the momentum and confidence grew. How went from a top where top four was everything and a team that usually failed at the final hurdle to get it to actually starting to become this team where getting top four was the norm.

The celebrations of the Etihad win. Beating Man Utd 3-0 at WHL. Imagine the backstage scenes for the Battle of the Bridge? How the whole Dembele and Dele bans were handled - Pochettinos reaction and team talks with regards to our end of season capitulation...

16/17 would actually be pretty boring as a series. We were very consistent and very good. I'd just be happy to watch a season review of 16/17 with an in depth look at White Hart Lane than a full on behind the scenes documentary that we're getting.

Though seeing the whole Poch/Walker thing unfold would have been nice.

I also think last year would be pretty good, our horrific form in the Prem.. and seeing what was different from our nice start to the season would be interesting.

And then our great CL run in getting to the final and all the emotions back in the dressing room etc.. especially the last 16 games against BVB, quarters against City, and semis vs Ajax.

Back
Top Bottom