Pie&Mash shop in the High Rd

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

True story !
The truth is that most of that stuff that Nan cooked was pretty good if you didn't know what went into it !!
I cook ham hocks all the time & they are delicious. We have become a very delicate society that only wants the prime cuts. What is funny is that sausage, chicken nuggets & various meat pies are all made with the cuts that no-one wants to eat but everyone loves when it's not visible.
I defy you to say 'I cook ham hocks' ten times quickly, without saying, 'I cook ham cocks', or something.

We decided to postpone our visit,as his liquor isn't up to much.
Tina from the Coach had it and went back and gave him some advice. She told my mate.
So,rather than slate it,going to give the fella a bit of time to sort it out.

Good idea for a meet up there though.

Last edited:
Hi mate! I’m the owner of the Pie & Mash shop! Came across this chat which is great. Yes Tina from the Coach came in, she loved the pies but yes she did give us some good feed back on the Liquor which we have tried to take on board. It’s a difficult one as it seems every one has differing opinions on how the Liquor should be, some say thicker and greener and others say lighter and thinner lol, so it’s hard to know and as you can imagine difficult to please everyone.

essentially we are not a traditional Pie & Mash shop as I’m sure most of you have gathered from the menu but we are trying out best to keep an old institution alive as lots of Pie & Mash shops are dying out. Anyway if anyone has any questions please let me know. Thanks
Well done for the reply mate. And fair enough. I will try your products before asking questions. I may pop along Friday

One more thing - on match days, is there any chance could you do 'special' food for away fans? Something that might generate severe diarrhoea about an hour after it's consumed?

I'm indifferent to them being in Shoreditch but I don't want them in Tottenham. If they're here anyway then I'm glad for the pie shop to have their custom though.
I think when you remember an area when it was a bit rough around the edges,you don't like the hipster incursion.When you don't they are tolerable.I don't like thenm in Shoreditch either,as i remember when it wasn't like it is now.

It is then certain that our paths must have crossed at some point.Tottenham home game/pool in Crooked Billet/Stow/Curry was a pretty regular Saturday for me throughout the 80s!!
Then I got married and had children and those halcyon days quickly came to and end!!
Absolute crime that the Stow went. Still can't get over it.
Also used to be bar football in the Billet. I'm sure one of the punters in there was a pro. Could never beat the sod!
Used be mainly Spurs in there, would get a few Spammers.
Remember when they went down in '78 and someone had written "we'll be back" on a wall outside. Spurs bloke put 'when" and a laughing face.
Funny how you remember things like that.

I think definitely some truth to this, I do remember Shoreditch being an edgier place though, not well as it was never somewhere I spent much time but can remember it...I was born in 85 so when I was 10-20 years old those parts of London were different to how they are today. I think with Tottenham it's partly with it being a bit rough around the edges, but it's also just because it's an area that's always been close to my heart, obviously through Spurs but also one side of my family is all from here going back at least 5 generations, I've lived here for nearly 10 years now and was never very far away, growing up in Edmonton and then Palmers Green.

When I lived in Palmers Green, which is where I mainly grew up (parents still live there), Tottenham was always a bit more of a rougher and more exciting area, so yeah...it's strange to see that change.
Strange how a lot of people see Tottenham and Palmers Green as being miles apart, geographically.
Yet the two areas actually border each other.

Is that the old Spoons pub? Never understood why they closed that one,then a few years later opened the Alfred Herring just up the road.
Yes that's right. I never understood it either. They opened the other one whilst the Hog was under different management, i.e. not Spoons, and then took all its custom away and it had to close. The Whole Hog was run by really nice people and the Alfred Herring wasn't. They banned a load of the local characters who had serious mental health issues and who relied on the Whole Hog in various ways...sounds weird but it kept some people alive through giving them food and social interaction, it was a true local rather than a generic pub.

Did you do the drop going forward? I believe you have a choice in which way you go?
You do have a choice, yes. I hesitated when she asked which way so she hooked it on for backwards. I used to be ok with heights but in my advancing years its started affecting me somewhat.

Glad I did it, it was incredible, but standing with your toes over the edge and then having to turn round and lean back was quite a leg-wobbler. Once you‘re over its fine, they control your descent.

You do have a choice, yes. I hesitated when she asked which way so she hooked it on for backwards. I used to be ok with heights but in my advancing years its started affecting me somewhat.

Glad I did it, it was incredible, but standing with your toes over the edge and then having to turn round and lean back was quite a leg-wobbler. Once you‘re over its fine, they control your descent.
Done the skywalk twice now, and will do it a third time to do the drop. When I spoke to our guide, he told me that they control the descent, so I think I'll be OK if I go backwards :)

I did it once when I was in scouts so around 19 years ago and once about two years ago. I was way more terrified the second time 😭
Pussies!

I've done Matterhorn 3 times now, shat myself every time mind (really bad when someone is walking the opposite way and you have to pass/cross them!!).

Crib Gogh can do with my hands in my pockets.........

hair-flip-gif.gif

Back
Top Bottom