Pie&Mash shop in the High Rd

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That'll be stewed eels.
Love both Jellied and Stewed,but prefer the latter.
ca07f128d6f9a8779d64ed603d55c89e.gif

I even scrape that jelly stuff out of pork pies. I take the pork out, scrape the jelly off and put it back in again.

Yeah I know it’s borderline bonkers but that stuff is just weird and has no place in a pie.
The pie pre-dates refrigeration & the jelly was a kind of Saran Wrap to keep the pie fresh for the working man who took the pie for his lunch.

Last edited:
The pie pre-dates refrigeration & the jelly was a kind of Saran Wrap to keep the pie fresh for the working man who took the pie for his lunch.
And there was me thinking it was just the shit that came out of the meat when you cook it.

:goonermong:

And there was me thinking it was just the shit that came out of the meat when you cook it.
I realize this won't change anyones mind but the jelly comes from boiling the pigs feet. I grew up in rural Lincolnshire & we had a weaner pig in the back yard who got slaughtered in Autumn . Every part of the animal got used & yes we made pork pie.

Haven't read the thread but the pie crust must be rock hard and the base must be soggy.
Liquor must look like frog spawn and be virtually tasteless.
#Delicious!!

I realize this won't change anyones mind but the jelly comes from boiling the pigs feet. I grew up in rural Lincolnshire & we had a weaner pig in the back yard who got slaughtered in Autumn . Every part of the animal got used & yes we made pork pie.
What genius came up with that idea?

Back
Top Bottom