Pierluigi Gollini

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No idea what this lad is like.
Is it a proper prospect for replacing hugo, or just another squad filler thats not homegrown?

The deal isn't a bad deal but since we have not made any other moves, this looks like another cheap Levy option. From what I have heard/read, he's not a bad GK and it is a low risk/high reward transfer. If it doesn't work, we send him back at the end of the loan. If it does work, we have a Lloris replacement for after this season.

No idea what this lad is like.
Is it a proper prospect for replacing hugo, or just another squad filler thats not homegrown?

He was the primary keeper for Atalanta for the past 3 seasons in which they finished 3rd in the Serie A and were decent in the CL, so he is a big upgrade on Hart and can provide a quality alternative to Lloris and would be more than competent enough to fill in at the PL level if needed.

At the same time Atalanta did look to make an upgrade on him so as a replacement at his current level I think it would be a pretty mediocre option, but does make it so we wouldn't have to overpay for someone or if he improves while here he could turn into an option.

Not as pretty as Gazza, but a definite improvement on Hart. And a decent guy too, he gave all the proceeds of his rap single to charity.
As a keeper- I'm clueless! Let's hope the transfer committee are not :)

Agreed. He doesn't have to come in this season and be amazing. He is for next year hopefully. Put him in for the cups and hope he does well. If not, low risk chance.

Casting my mind back a bit but I recall it took Hugo a while to get into the squad too as Friedel was in good form.

We have so many spots to fill which will cost big biccies so this looks like really good business.

Back
Top Bottom