Pierluigi Gollini

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope Gollini works out but I am getting a bit of a Darren Bent vibe. If he's not good enough to replace Lloris straight away, the probability is that he won't be good enough to replace him at all.
You might be right but, tbf, there are very, very few keepers who are good enough to replace Hugo straight away.

Good business, get him on loan, if he proves himself good enough, or at least have the potential to replace Hugo he'll play more than 20 games and we'll sign him permanently.
If not, we don't.

I agree but I'd say there are some concerns about perhaps his style of goalkeeping. But different leagues different styles I think I'll just use the eye test to judge him rather than an article.

I don’t think there’s too much cause for concern at this stage. He’s only 26 with potentially 6-8 years of career ahead of him still. There were similar concerns with Lloris early on as he came out more like a sweeper keeper and punched a lot, but as I said he’s adapted his game over the years and there’s no reason Gollini can’t too.

As I said earlier I don’t really know loads about him and haven’t seen him play a lot, but I’ll happily give him a chance. A loan with option to buy is a good move by the club because Lloris is one of the best so will be difficult to replace. If he doesn’t work out he’ll go back to his parent club and there’s no harm done. It may just work out though and that would be good too.

Fans criticized Atalanta for the outgoing market. I think it is partially justified: Atalanta invests heavily in the nursery by selling valuable pieces year after year and buying.

Unless there are other rumours that I am missing it seems like Atalanta isn't doing too bad a job. They upgraded on Gollini with Musso and have to expect that at a club of their size they will lose a player like Romero. Maybe it is frustrating that it is to a club like us and not Juve but the seem to have some decent options- Botman more than Demiral- coming in and are keeping a lot of the other talent that teams must be trying to buy off them.

He was alright for us (Villa), but we also sacked DiMatteo after 10 games. With sacking him, the Italian GK coach also left and Gollini only wanted to work with an Italian GK coach. When Bruce came in, he didn't do that and Gollini was shipped out.

He was alright for us (Villa), but we also sacked DiMatteo after 10 games. With sacking him, the Italian GK coach also left and Gollini only wanted to work with an Italian GK coach. When Bruce came in, he didn't do that and Gollini was shipped out.
Where will Jack be next season? What is your perspective of the transfer to Spurs that fell through?
What do Villa fans think of him?

Seems our new GK considers himself to be somewhat of a fashion icon! He has a separate Instagram account dedicated to his outfits 😂

The bio - “A look into @piergollo’s closet. The first football player to have a page that showcases his outfits! Stay tuned.”

I Got This Wink GIF by PG Tips

Back
Top Bottom