Pierluigi Gollini

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This man looks top so far. I love Hugo, but his passing has always been a weakness. Gollini looks so comfortable in comparison. As soon as he came on, it was noticeable how the centre backs trusted him, and how it became easier to keep it and then work it forward. Made me think, is our tendency to go long in the last few seasons partly due to not having a good sweeper keeper? Even guys like Sanchez, whose distribution isn't great, will look better playing in front of Gollini than Lloris imo. Gollini could really help us long term to play out from the back.

Italy had an easy game last night and subbed off Donnasummer at HT.
But he was replaced by Sirigu and Gollini was left on the bench. 🤨

He wasn't particularly convincing last night
I think people underestimate the impact of Lloris.
Would not be confident if he was Lloris' replacement. We really need a TOP goalkeeper to replace Lloris.

Back
Top Bottom