Pierluigi Gollini

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't see the appeal of keeping him around either.

Let's be realistic our back up keeper will rarely play, and it's a spot we may as well fill with a HG player of the same quality.
He is apparently very popular in the dressing room. A "glue guy" to use basketball terms.

He is apparently very popular in the dressing room. A "glue guy" to use basketball terms.
I get that but I doubt he's that much of an influence to the point where he's worth sacrificing a non-HG spot for.
That, and it would also stunt his potential a bit. You'd think a guy his age, coming of his season from Atalanta would be all about getting minutes it.

The only argument you could make would be that he should see more minutes next season if we end up in Europa League

Never understood that kind of stuff if we talk about absurdly subpar player.

If useless and inadequate player is the glue, then throw him out and let someone capable take over that same role. Nature or social dynamic do not love the void.

Same shit was been said about Sissoko - I saw absolutely no unity issues or anything like that after he left.

We have to be ruthless and if player is shit, he has to go. Otherwise we just waste our own time and money. Simple as.

There is no point wasting a valuable foreign player spot on a second keeper who isn't good enough. He seems like a good lad but no sense in spending a penny on him when Johnstone is available on a free.

I feel a bit sorry for Gollini because he had very limited opportunities to show what he can do, but we have to be ruthless. I liked what he showed in pre-season but in the cup matches he played he was poor (not helped by the huge gaps between matches and having to play with our donkeys).

Think he will go back to Italy but looks like he's a good holiday over looking at he's Instagram

There are very few italian footballers who have wandered from their own shore and done any good. Zola and Di Canio are the only major ones I can think of?

basically what I’m saying, is that this guy is not the A Team. Best Italian players tend to stay in Serie A. This guy Has come to UK non-footballing reasons

There are very few italian footballers who have wandered from their own shore and done any good. Zola and Di Canio are the only major ones I can think of?

basically what I’m saying, is that this guy is not the A Team. Best Italian players tend to stay in Serie A. This guy Has come to UK non-footballing reasons
Vialli, Ravenelli, Nicola Berti, Cudicini, Balotelli, Di Matteo,

fko98nqtrqy81.jpg

Pure vibes.

Back
Top Bottom