Pierluigi Gollini

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can see why we're looking at keepers as I think Lloris, Hart and Whiteman all only have one year left on their deals. If this guy comes in this season though what will that do to the squad? Will Whiteman go out on loan or back to the U23s, or will it be Hart making way?

Despite his time in Manchester as a youngster, football.london understands that Gollini is not classed as homegrown.
That's why Spurs hired Paratici: with his connections, he'll "find" some papers that will prove that Gollini stayed long enough to qualify as homegrown 😎

I can see why we're looking at keepers as I think Lloris, Hart and Whiteman all only have one year left on their deals. If this guy comes in this season though what will that do to the squad? Will Whiteman go out on loan or back to the U23s, or will it be Hart making way?
I think it makes more sense for Whiteman to go out on loan. The only way we'll know if he's any good is if he gets a run of first team football and he's not going to get that here.

Joe Hart has had his day. We know what he's about. He might as well stay as our back-up.

Inspector-Clouseau.jpg
Maybe you two should get a ruuum

Lloris is 34 years old. Gollini 26 years old. They want to test him as a successor.
At Atalanta they have a great flair for enhancing the players. They have a policy of not spending a lot and selling 2-3 players to self-feed.
Plus they have incredibly low payroll.

Atalanta are at the top of the CL and Serie A, spending like teams fighting for salvation in Serie A

Mount engagements
in millions of euros
1Juventus236
2Inter149
3Roma112
4Napoli105
5Milan90
6Lazio83
7Fiorentina55
8Torino51
9Cagliari46
10Bologna43
11Atalanta42,6
12Genoa41
13Sassuolo35
14Parma34
15Sampdoria34
16Benevento32
17Udinese31
18Verona24
19Crotone23
20Spezia22

Difficult to get excited by this. taking up Foreign based space and yet unlikely to play in PL.

HG will not be a problem and its much better to have a good back-up Foreign GK than a shitty HG one like Hart.

The fact that he can play in any European Conference game and any Domestic Cup game and we would still have a chance to win those games is huge even if he never plays a minute in the PL.

Last year Lloris had to play way too much because Hart is a pile of crap. I don't see any HG keeper that we could get for close that money that is remotely as good as Gollini and happy as a #2.

Back
Top Bottom