Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But they were all better 6/Dm's than Hojbjerg.
Not even better, they were 6s/DMs as opposed to Hojbjerg, who is not. Hojbjerg is an 8 with shades of 6 to his play, very much in the mould of Harry Winks. He’s much more physical than Winks, but in a more similar way to Winks his main instinct is not to sit in front of the back 4 and break up the play, it’s to go forward and try and influence things.

It really is hard to comprehend why Mourinho seems so hell bent on Hojbjerg being the man to be his Makelele/Cambiasso/Khedira/Matic for Spurs. He’s a completely different player. It’s almost as if Jose saw the article from 50 years ago claiming Guardiola saw Hojbjerg as the new Busquets and said to himself “if the manager who’s the reason my methods and football philosophy are resigned to the scrap heap saw something of a DM in this kid then he’s the one I want.”

Not even better, they were 6s/DMs as opposed to Hojbjerg, who is not. Hojbjerg is an 8 with shades of 6 to his play, very much in the mould of Harry Winks. He’s much more physical than Winks, but in a more similar way to Winks his main instinct is not to sit in front of the back 4 and break up the play, it’s to go forward and try and influence things.

It really is hard to comprehend why Mourinho seems so hell bent on Hojbjerg being the man to be his Makelele/Cambiasso/Khedira/Matic for Spurs. He’s a completely different player. It’s almost as if Jose saw the article from 50 years ago claiming Guardiola saw Hojbjerg as the new Busquets and said to himself “if the manager who’s the reason my methods and football philosophy are resigned to the scrap heap saw something of a DM in this kid then he’s the one I want.”
Maybe he’s been more of an 8 at Saints, but everything about this lad screams “coachable” and “listens to the manager”. I think given the fact that we are gonna be in a low or medium block alot of the time that he can fill in those gaps nicely.

Back
Top Bottom