Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we set back our youth development not loaning out a lot of players the last 5 years. If Poch just started KWP and stuck with him after he sold Trippier I think we'd be in a much better spot.

Frankly, if we just never bought Aurier and made KWP the #2 after Walker left, that would have been even better.

They were too similar?

I don't think KWP should be sold TBH, think he shows what he can do, given a decent amount of playing time.

I do too but our youth system for the last 5 years has been crap. I think it is in KWP's interests to stay where he is appreciated and even for Marcus Edwards to get a move to a big club.

KWP would get a MOTM and then sit on the bench for months at a time. Lord even knows what happened with Marcus but he was clearly given fuck all guidance and then judged by old farts who can't even remember what it was like to be a kid.

Whilst it would be crap for us, it would make us rethink our strategy in the future.

I do too but our youth system for the last 5 years has been crap. I think it is in KWP's interests to stay where he is appreciated and even for Marcus Edwards to get a move to a big club.

KWP would get a MOTM and then sit on the bench for months at a time. Lord even knows what happened with Marcus but he was clearly given fuck all guidance and then judged by old farts who can't even remember what it was like to be a kid.

Whilst it would be crap for us, it would make us rethink our strategy in the future.
Hopefully we use McDermott leaving to revamp the youth setup and strategy.

Jose is at least way more pro loans than the previous set up. Loans are important for these kids to get minutes. No way of knowing if they are ready for the first team if they don't play and all that jazz.

Hopefully we use McDermott leaving to revamp the youth setup and strategy.

Jose is at least way more pro loans than the previous set up. Loans are important for these kids to get minutes. No way of knowing if they are ready for the first team if they don't play and all that jazz.
Either Dan Kilpatrick or Ali Gold mentioned that McDermott’s successor could well be an internal appointment to save money. If so, probably less likely to see any real change.

Apologies for the thread crap but where's the Summer Transfer Thread gone?

Don't tell me its been taken down due to a massive cunt off

I miss all the ITK bullshit and false hope :mourcry:

Back
Top Bottom