Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't see him do much with it either!

First three games, he's been average (as has Doherty). Let's hope for better from both.
First 3 games of which we've won 2 and lost the other by one goal (great header IMO) against a team that then went out and scored 5 with the goalscorer against us bang in form. First 3 competitive games he's played in a new side too.

Works his fucking socks off too btw.

First 3 games of which we've won 2 and lost the other by one goal (great header IMO) against a team that then went out and scored 5 with the goalscorer against us bang in form. First 3 competitive games he's played in a new side too.

Works his fucking socks off too btw.
So do Lucas, Davies and Lamela.

I'm not commenting on the results, but our performances to date (which apart from 45 minutes yesterday) have been decidedly disappointing. The relative contributions from our two new signings who have played in all three games have also been distinctly average. As I said, let's hope for more in the future.

Seems to be an upgrade on Winks. Doesn’t seem to be a DM, but should be a good squad option as depth for NDombele/Lo Celso

I'm not sure he is depth for a creative midfielder. I think he is a general busy body intelligent cunt who doesn't mind getting stuck in. I'm ok with that.

I'd prefer Winks and PEH against more open teams and PEH, Ndom and Gio against bus parky teams.

So far so good!

g0x5709j2mo51.jpg

...Yet he came away from that game with some thinking he did too much play-acting.

Last edited:
Too early to judge him for me. Give it a few months to let him settle properly.

The problem for me is more who do we play him with in that double-pivot that Jose loves? So far neither Winks or Sissoko works, that much looks clear. It's up to the manager to resolve it but personally i only want 1 of Winks\Sissoko\PEH in midfield at any one time.

He is exactly what he was at SH. A busy fucker who gets involved. Can't knock him for that.

Some people had the wrong expectation and thus judging him cause he is not a DM or super dynamic.

He will push the team as he is a good leader on and off the pitch. He will lead this side in ball recoveries because he gets in and is a battler. We should be happy he is an upgrade on Winks, but some people thought we were getting Kante or something.

He is exactly what he was at SH. A busy fucker who gets involved. Can't knock him for that.

Some people had the wrong expectation and thus judging him cause he is not a DM or super dynamic.

He will push the team as he is a good leader on and off the pitch. He will lead this side in ball recoveries because he gets in and is a battler. We should be happy he is an upgrade on Winks, but some people thought we were getting Kante or something.

I knew we wasn't a DM but I guess I hoped that he could at least do more of that type of job than he had at SH but it appears that isn't the case and I either overrated his passing ability and/or hoped that with more talent around him than at SH that his passing would be better, but so far (and I know it is early) he has been terrible at this as well.

Maybe it was just willful ignorance since it was clear he was coming for so long but I really thought he would fit in better than he has. It is still early and its better to have him out there than Winks or Sissoko but it is hard to see him being a good fit considering the needs of the team and the other players we have in MF.

Best case scenario is that we can shelter him between Lo Celso and Ndombele but I doubt Jose will play both of them together and its not great to have brought someone in and have to shelter them because they are so poor. But if we have 2 of Winks, PEH and Sissoko on the field at the same time we have major issues in our midfield.

Back
Top Bottom