Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Excellent today. Won the ball, solid defensively and then actually looked to progress it forward where possible. Nothing too flashy just get the fucking basics nailed and execute them

If either of the other 2 donkeys, Winks and Sissoko, could do what he did today, we'd be a lot stronger.

Motm this guy , i cant imagine our team without him

Igula Igula with the disagrees

Working Jim Carrey GIF

Igula Igula a disagree on that? WTF?

I didn't think he was brilliant or that his passing has been very good.

Considering that PEH seems above criticism on here I didn't feel like getting into a big argument about it so just clicked the dislike rather than starting a big thing about it.

What more can be said about him? Pops up everywhere to snuff out trouble. The player we’ve been crying out for for years.

Arguably Mourinho‘s best work at the club was spotting this lad and us being able to bring him in on the cheap. Wonderful eye.

We desperately need to get him a backup in January or this summer. He’s so crucial to our side, we‘ll be well fucked if he starts to tire out or gets injured.

Last edited:
Thought he had yet another good game.

An important player for us, mostly because when he isn't in the team we have no one else like him.

What more can be said about him? Pops up everywhere to snuff out trouble. The player we’ve been crying out for for years.

Arguably Mourinho‘s best work at the club was spotting this lad and us being able to bring him in on the cheap. Wonderful eye.

We desperately need to get him a backup in January or this summer. He’s so crucial to our side, we‘ll be well fucked if he starts to tire out or gets injured.

I was a little nervous because there was a lot of comments from the Southampton fans that his best days may have been well past him and he wasn't the player or leader he was before. Looks like the change of scenery has helped him a lot. He's the solid, work-horse type of midfielder that we've been missing for a while.

I was a little nervous because there was a lot of comments from the Southampton fans that his best days may have been well past him and he wasn't the player or leader he was before. Looks like the change of scenery has helped him a lot. He's the solid, work-horse type of midfielder that we've been missing for a while.

I think having Ndombele and Lo Celso in MF with him instead of Ward-Prowse/Armstrong/Romeu has made a big difference. Also Toby instead of whatever CB they had helps as well. His biggest issue at Southampton (and I would say still here) is that under pressure he was poor, with Southampton he had poor outlets to use so it resulted in a lot of turnovers. Here he can use the better outlets so that the bad turnovers are not there any more, and if he is forced to make a bad/tough pass to someone like Toby, Gio or Ndombele instead of giving it up for a quality chance like the what happened at Southampton, they can deal with it to help him out.

I know it sounds simple to say that playing with better players makes you better, but for some it isn't the case as they stand out for how bad they are, or for some it raises them but only slightly. For PEH I think he is a guy that is a lot better playing with top level players.

Also there was a lot of sour grapes from Southampton fans whether they want to admit it or not.

Back
Top Bottom