Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was everywhere today. Brilliant I thought. His passing and composure is way better than I gave him credit for initially.

Gave you an agree just cos that know nothing prick Igula Igula continues to stink the place up with his dumb shite 'disagrees'. :mourbye:

I agree too, mind.

I think having Ndombele and Lo Celso in MF with him instead of Ward-Prowse/Armstrong/Romeu has made a big difference. Also Toby instead of whatever CB they had helps as well. His biggest issue at Southampton (and I would say still here) is that under pressure he was poor, with Southampton he had poor outlets to use so it resulted in a lot of turnovers. Here he can use the better outlets so that the bad turnovers are not there any more, and if he is forced to make a bad/tough pass to someone like Toby, Gio or Ndombele instead of giving it up for a quality chance like the what happened at Southampton, they can deal with it to help him out.

I know it sounds simple to say that playing with better players makes you better, but for some it isn't the case as they stand out for how bad they are, or for some it raises them but only slightly. For PEH I think he is a guy that is a lot better playing with top level players.

Also there was a lot of sour grapes from Southampton fans whether they want to admit it or not.

Hollow gob-shite rubbish.

Igula Igula - You've been rumbled, you knob... You're a clown. Everyone here can see it.

Unfortunately I am doing great here, having a lot of great interactions, great discussions with Spurs fans and a ton of support from my fellow fans as well.

I am sorry that it troubles you so much that everyone doesn't follow the team exactly how you want them to and that you don't get to control the forum as much as you try to.

I will continue to enjoy my time here and contribute the site. You, of course, are free to continue to moan about other posters and try to act like the forum police but we can all see what a waste of time that is even if you can't.

MOTM today.

Got the strength to hold off the WBA orcs in midfield (sorry Livermore) as well as the passing range to distribute the ball. Moussa doesn't have the latter and Tanguy struggled with the former today and WBA feasted on our midfield because of it.

Hard to play through midfield in games like this.

I think having Ndombele and Lo Celso in MF with him instead of Ward-Prowse/Armstrong/Romeu has made a big difference. Also Toby instead of whatever CB they had helps as well. His biggest issue at Southampton (and I would say still here) is that under pressure he was poor, with Southampton he had poor outlets to use so it resulted in a lot of turnovers. Here he can use the better outlets so that the bad turnovers are not there any more, and if he is forced to make a bad/tough pass to someone like Toby, Gio or Ndombele instead of giving it up for a quality chance like the what happened at Southampton, they can deal with it to help him out.

I know it sounds simple to say that playing with better players makes you better, but for some it isn't the case as they stand out for how bad they are, or for some it raises them but only slightly. For PEH I think he is a guy that is a lot better playing with top level players.

Also there was a lot of sour grapes from Southampton fans whether they want to admit it or not.

As you pointed out, not all players improve in a better side so I'd tend to think that it is either the role he is in the new opportunity for him. Could it be sour grapes? Sure, but it seemed that many had given up on him and weren't sad to see him go, and he was apparently not getting as many games as previously as well.

The system does seem to help him as it seems like he has a very specific role in the team, and isn't being forced to handle multiple responsibilities. His passing does seem very solid and can be proactive, but he is able to really focus on and excel in disruption in the middle of the pitch and possession.

As you pointed out, not all players improve in a better side so I'd tend to think that it is either the role he is in the new opportunity for him. Could it be sour grapes? Sure, but it seemed that many had given up on him and weren't sad to see him go, and he was apparently not getting as many games as previously as well.

The system does seem to help him as it seems like he has a very specific role in the team, and isn't being forced to handle multiple responsibilities. His passing does seem very solid and can be proactive, but he is able to really focus on and excel in disruption in the middle of the pitch and possession.

You're wasting your time.... The div think's PEH is shit. The rest is just gymnastics.

You're wasting your time.... The div think's PEH is shit. The rest is just gymnastics.

LOL

We are having a decent back and forth talking about a player and you come in with this nonsense?

And you have the balls to cry about my contribution the forum?

LOL

We are having a decent back and forth talking about a player and you come in with this nonsense?

And you have the balls to cry about my contribution the forum?

Not crying.... You're just a fraud of a supporter.... I dont like your kind.

Not crying.... You're just a fraud of a supporter.... I dont like your kind.

You of course are wrong but everyone is free to their opinions, I personally would rather spend time talking about Spurs than monitoring other fans but to each their own.

You of course are wrong but everyone is free to their opinions, I personally would rather spend time talking about Spurs than monitoring other fans but to each their own.

So you think spamming disagrees around to anyone with anything positive to say about our players is positive discourse and support it is?

Faux-woke rubbish.

So you think spamming disagrees around to anyone with anything positive to say about our players is positive discourse and support it is?

Faux-woke rubbish.

I don't spam disagrees at all and certainly not to anyone with anything positive to say, again another made up story by you.

Feel free to focus on reality at any time or spend more time focusing on the team rather than other posters.

I don't spam disagrees at all and certainly not to anyone with anything positive to say, again another made up story by you.

Your post-match spree in this thread shows otherwise.

Same as your blamming positive comments about Dier in the match thread.

Feel free to focus on reality at any time or spend more time focusing on the team rather than other posters.

#MakingStuffUp.

You're such a meme.

Last edited:
I didn't think he was brilliant or that his passing has been very good.

Considering that PEH seems above criticism on here I didn't feel like getting into a big argument about it so just clicked the dislike rather than starting a big thing about it.
Yeah, easy to post a disagree and run back into the shadows rather than validate such a viewpoint in the face of such an overwhelming alternative opinion of the player from everyone else.
"Rather than start a big thing about it"....utter bollocks.

You spam the disagrees and your multi spams the 'ha ha's' to avoid a red card...sussed.

Looks like PEH will be pulled out of the Denmark squad due to a travel ban to the UK caused by the Covid mink mutation that’s also putting the England Iceland match in doubt.

Yeah, easy to post a disagree and run back into the shadows rather than validate such a viewpoint in the face of such an overwhelming alternative opinion of the player from everyone else.
"Rather than start a big thing about it"....utter bollocks.

I have zero issue with talking about any disagree I give out. I don't do it to spam and have responded with a reason everytime I am asked.

I could respond each time but as evidenced in this thread and others often when I post I get someone like Airfixx coming in and derailing the thread with nonsense, so I am doing my best not to derail threads with that kind of stuff.

With PEH i have seen that there is little willingness to have any criticism or discussion about so me coming in and saying he has been good not great and was not the MOTM of the match likely results in a BS argument about me supposedly hating the player. I am fine having those conversations, but as I mentioned it often gets spun off into a bunch of nonsense that has nothing to do with the topic and instead other posters fixated on me and what they think my view is than what I actually posted.

There is no running back into the shadows, I am very vocal about my views and willing to defend them but also think there is little benefit to having multiple threads because a small, vocal group of posters can't handle differing views.

You spam the disagrees and your multi spams the 'ha ha's' to avoid a red card...sussed.

There is no multi.

Your, and others, pathetic attempts to claim this are weak and add nothing to the forum or discussions.

Feel free to show any sort of proof of me being or multi.

Back
Top Bottom