Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2) Booting it back to GK or CB when pressed?
i would rather he go back instead of try and turn and lose the ball if hes not capable of doing that. PEH can play forward when he has a bit of time, hes proved that enough times with some lovely passes.

all good sides need players like PEH, they dont try and play above their station, keep it simple and work hard.

makes me laugh when people think hes a shit footballer just because he doesnt move like neymar

Think he's had a good season but dunno what you lot were seeing against Leicester, in the first half he was abysmal. Overall it was one of his poorer games I think (this season).
in what was was he abysmal? just watching it now on spurs play, he done a nice little bit of link up on the 13th minute mark roughly which richarlison fucks up with a heavy touch. 21 mins in hes been solid, bentancur having a a poor game. 29 mins in, still solid not put a foot wrong, last 15 must be a right stinker. 34 mins, jockeys maddison well forcing the play to nothing with help of richarlison coming back...really failing to see this abysmal performance so far maybe last 10 mins. 36 mins gets a foot in on dewsbury hall to stop a potential chance...still no signs of being abysmal. 37 mins in, picks up loose ball and uses it well, dier ends up fucking it up by giving it back to them! 38 mins sticks it on a leicester player and he forces a heavy touch. 40 mins their goal, weak from sess and dier not alert and sharp enough once the ball comes into maddison. 41 mins, nice play from PEH ends up getting fouled. takes free kick and plays a couple nice passes that gets us up the pitch. 44 mins he could of done better not snappy enough with the ball around him. 45 mins wins ball of daka and plays a quick pass into richarlison's feet who fail to hold up again.

really fail to see how you watch that and think he was abysmal! you sure you watched that game?

PEH would have his haters if scored 10+ goals a season, assisted 5-10 times and ran the midfield

Bottom line is, some people just don't like him and nothing will change that.

I bet he gives zero fucks. Starts every game and rarely even get's taken off And that's with 3 different coaches. 2 of which are/were among the best coaches in world football.

PEH would have his haters if scored 10+ goals a season, assisted 5-10 times and ran the midfield

Bottom line is, some people just don't like him and nothing will change that.

I bet he gives zero fucks. Starts every game and rarely even get's taken off And that's with 3 different coaches. 2 of which are/were among the best coaches in world football.
I still think he's an average clogger...

especially when they are asked to be dogs basically. its a slog in that midfield 2 in this system. very taxing
Press hard and close down space all the time. Then, be ready to beat the midfield lines and spring the break, while getting kicked. Bust a gut forward so you can arrive late for a ball that Royal skied over the bar anyways- it's a dog's life alright!

Did you read what you quoted?

9 passes into final third
4 passes into box

In the big 5 leagues he’s in the 91st percentile for progressive passes for all midfielders. 77th percentile for dribbles completed.

He’s giving us what brozovic would give us. Stats are very similar. Both had 3 goals and 4 assists last season. Hojbjerg better in a midfield two though.
I read. He's the king of the 'hockey assist'.

Højbjerg: Elite-level progressive passer/dribbler.

Well... fuck me. Any word from Madrid?

Not my cuppa, but inshallah the Cløgger makes all of our dreams come true.

Played very well today.

I think people underestimate him. I really do get the impression that he is doing *exactly* what Conte asks of him.
Bayern developed him as a CAM. You can still see bits of it in his play when he gets forward. Its true he doesn't quite seem to have the finesse of DeBruyne/Maddison types, but he has the potential to lay on a great defence-splitting pass or crack a nice shot.

Very underappreciated and underestimated player, I agree.

PEH had a great game on Saturday, in fact he has been a bit of a shining light this season.
With the extra body in midfield perhaps he can get forward slightly and intercept the ball further up the pitch which would be handy.

Such a strange player to assess, he's quality but his technique really isn't that good, reckon in a midfield 3 he can actually be really really good.
Agree. The problem with the MF 3 is we are limiting our attacking options (assuming Royal the strangler comes back in). Palace played with Doucoure in a 3, plus Olise and Eze yesterday. Could we go with one DM plus say Kulu and PEH rampaging forward?

Bissouma, Benta and PEH lacks a little flair, unless Kulu is RWB

Back
Top Bottom