Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly, that isn't even a bad shout. Especially now that 3-4-3 is a bit of a craze, was Hoddle ahead of the curve ? :sonhmm:

Seriously though, that isn't a bad shape for that shitheap of a squad. Just got to question Townsend in a central role but everything else matches up. Pace wide, two pacey CBs playing either side of Dawson, and two box-box midfielders doing the dirty work while the front three attack...:harryhmm:
He was way ahead of the curve. I remember in 90s he talked about 5 at the back to much derision.

3a6befa7bc31a3188789236272b62c1f.gif

At the time Bayern Munich was probably the best team in the world. World class players in every position, he would have to take the spot from the likes of Thiago and Alonso. His last season there he was on loan to Schalke and then decided to leave Bayern. The right decision in my opinion, playing regularly in the PL has improved his game a lot the last 4 seasons.

Not sure this story has been shared here: When Bayern scout Michael Tarnat saw him in an U17 game, 5 minutes into the game Tarnat turns over to his assistant and says: “Let’s get that guy immediately”.

At the time Bayern Munich was probably the best team in the world. World class players in every position, he would have to take the spot from the likes of Thiago and Alonso. His last season there he was on loan to Schalke and then decided to leave Bayern. The right decision in my opinion, playing regularly in the PL has improved his game a lot the last 4 seasons.

Not sure this story has been shared here: When Bayern scout Michael Tarnat saw him in an U17 game, 5 minutes into the game Tarnat turns over to his assistant and says: “Let’s get that guy immediately”.

Funny thing is i still remember him beeing the seen as this huge talent at Bayern, but back than as an attacking CM.

Funny thing is i still remember him beeing the seen as this huge talent at Bayern, but back than as an attacking CM.

Players change their position frequently when young - even when they have broken into the first team.

For example Jan Verttonghen played in central midfield when he first broke through into first team at Ajax, it was Martin Jol (then manager of Ajax that changed him into a CB. Likewise Dembele moved to Fulham as a low scoring forward and Jol (then manager at Fulham) that pushed him a bit further back to play him as a CM.

Remember at school when the teacher would pick two of you then you'd take it in turn to choose your team? He'd be one of the two selected right at the start.

Back
Top Bottom