Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Certainly not his best game for us today.
Who replaces him?

Nobody, he has to play, taking him out would destroy the team.

But for sure his recent performances have been a bit flimsy and he needs to up his game. I don’t think it’s a great surprise that him, Kane and Son have been a bit sloppy in the last weeks. They’ve played too many minutes but there is nobody to replace them.

Feel like he's dropped off considerably of late during this bas spell. Getting beat alot out of position and losing the ball. Hopefully gets back to his best soon.
He didn’t stand out as particularly poor to me. Although I do admit I hadn’t been sticking rigidly to dry January.

He didn’t stand out as particularly poor to me. Although I do admit I hadn’t been sticking rigidly to dry January.
I just feel like he's not being as influential as he was during our good run of form,which may describe our downturn in form and our inability to control the midfield and struggle to build play. He was immense in that hot run of form we had.

I have no doubt his performance today was more down to him not wanting to get a yellow card and risk missing the Liverpool game.

I was surprised he even lasted the 90 minutes. But he still had a hand in our 2nd goal and got an assist.

worst game since Everton, but still deal better than Winks.

The thing that I've noticed is his role seems very confusing now.
Before when we were on our good run he was a pure CDM.

But now for some reason he is progressing very far up the pitch so he's more of a box to box. This isn't his best role and its also meaning his defensive actions look worse.

But now for some reason he is progressing very far up the pitch so he's more of a box to box. This isn't his best role and its also meaning his defensive actions look worse.
It needs some fine tuning. But I think he will work out very well as the lone DM if we keep playing this 3-5-2 that we tried yesterday.

As someone else also pointed out. He is shouldering a heavy burden. It is only logical that he would eventually hit a few slumps.

4-2-3-1 vs 3-4-3: different formations, different roles

Back
Top Bottom