Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Love him. Only person to fight for every ball. Looked like he was born on the pitch with the Spurs shirt the way he fought.

That goal was worthy of winning a match... as it was, it'll be forgotten as a mere sidenote in an overall shocking team display! (not PEH, the rest of them!)
...at least we scored our consolation early!

Thought himself and Ndombele were by miles our best players tonight. Rodon wouldn't have been too far behind but for his mistake. Deserves to be higher in the league table for his performances this year.

Great buy and obviously our MOTM tonight.
He loves this club, you can see it the way he talks. He was furious last night, he didn't even want to waste time celebrating his much wanted goal. Star man this season, let's not spoil it by another club , big club, wanting to buy him for mega bucks. He won't stand for anyone not giving their all on the pitch. CAPTAIN and he talks so well, unlike most footballers it has to be said

He loves this club, you can see it the way he talks. He was furious last night, he didn't even want to waste time celebrating his much wanted goal. Star man this season, let's not spoil it by another club , big club, wanting to buy him for mega bucks. He won't stand for anyone not giving their all on the pitch. CAPTAIN and he talks so well, unlike most footballers it has to be said
You can tell that he is an intelligent person, not just on the pitch

Overrated. Good, functional player but basic on the ball.

we need a Carrick / Modric type player to take it under pressure from our gormless back 4.... free up PEH to get about the midfield, he’s one reason we never control the tempo of a game.

Overrated. Good, functional player but basic on the ball.

we need a Carrick / Modric type player to take it under pressure from our gormless back 4.... free up PEH to get about the midfield, he’s one reason we never control the tempo of a game.
Literally the opposite of what he is.

In fact, there's not a more unorthodox and interesting player in the league. I wish he was a bit more "basic".

This will attract hundreds of negative reactions but I am starting to think that his lack of passing range is a big reason for how poor we are in possession.

I watched the Chelsea game again, fast forwarding to when we had the ball (which wasn’t often) and noticed his first instinct is to always turn backwards towards our defenders and lay off a simple pass.

Noticeably, he passed the ball to Davies more than any other player.

This gives him crazy good pass completion stats. I know people will say ‘teams need this type of player’ but I am not so sure. The best holding midfield players are the ones who can transition you into an attacking phase at every opportunity. He doesn’t have this vision or mindset when in possession. His only thought is ‘how can I make sure I complete this pass’.

I really am not trying to dig out one of our only players who is putting maximum effort in. It’s just something I have noticed and am open to debate.

I think it is something we should all look out for.

This will attract hundreds of negative reactions but I am starting to think that his lack of passing range is a big reason for how poor we are in possession.

I watched the Chelsea game again, fast forwarding to when we had the ball (which wasn’t often) and noticed his first instinct is to always turn backwards towards our defenders and lay off a simple pass.

Noticeably, he passed the ball to Davies more than any other player.

This gives him crazy good pass completion stats. I know people will say ‘teams need this type of player’ but I am not so sure. The best holding midfield players are the ones who can transition you into an attacking phase at every opportunity. He doesn’t have this vision or mindset when in possession. His only thought is ‘how can I make sure I complete this pass’.

I really am not trying to dig out one of our only players who is putting maximum effort in. It’s just something I have noticed and am open to debate.

I think it is something we should all look out for.
Not on him. Sandro, Wanyama, et al are meant to get back possession and pass it off to a creative player. And to shield the defence when counter attacked of course.

We're lacking a third midfielder because we play Sissoko or winks instead of a third creative player. Ndomebele is great at the 8, so lo Celso naturally would help. Or should anyway. We'll see how he does when he's back.

Otherwise we may have to hope for a new signing or hope Skipp can play a more creative deep lying playmaker role and push Ndomebele up. Which isn't ideal because Ndombele is currently best as an 8 and is clearly improving his passing range too.

We have three priorities this summer, barring an exodus:

Keep Regis or replace him. Clearly Davies isn't good enough as a starting wing back for a championship side.

Figure out CB and RB. This will involve major shuffling and transfers.

Figure out a creative 10 solution. And replace Sissoko and or winks with an actual top 4 quality central midfielder.

Literally the opposite of what he is.

In fact, there's not a more unorthodox and interesting player in the league. I wish he was a bit more "basic".
How so? I might be wrong and I’m sure he would look better with better players but he’s part of the problem currently. We need a Jorgihnio type player in front of the back 4 and two new full backs

Immense. I legit put him in the category of very good players in our team.

Even against Liverpool the way he tackled Thiago and more impressively ran side by side with Mane before robbing him was dreamy.

Back
Top Bottom