Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No coincidence that since he's been poor we've been shit in midfield. Turned up again today and we was so much better.
but thats the sort of player he is. he needs the players around him to be performing as hes all about providing them the platform to perform while keeping us solid. you put son, bergwijn and sissoko with him and you wont get much. put lamela, kane, gio and youll see the hojbjerg for what hes supposed to be. he needs players around him who want to get on the ball and progress it forward and be able to play a pass or two.

Two moments from today vs West Brom:

1) First minute of the game, waving the team forward, exhorting us to be progressive and on the front foot.

2) That picture-perfect assist to Kane.

The heart of this team.

Bring the right player in alongside him and Ndombele and we have a top 3 midfield in the league at worst.

How so? I might be wrong and I’m sure he would look better with better players but he’s part of the problem currently. We need a Jorgihnio type player in front of the back 4 and two new full backs
Didn’t know you’re a spurs fan mate. Graff legend

This will attract hundreds of negative reactions but I am starting to think that his lack of passing range is a big reason for how poor we are in possession.

I watched the Chelsea game again, fast forwarding to when we had the ball (which wasn’t often) and noticed his first instinct is to always turn backwards towards our defenders and lay off a simple pass.

Noticeably, he passed the ball to Davies more than any other player.

This gives him crazy good pass completion stats. I know people will say ‘teams need this type of player’ but I am not so sure. The best holding midfield players are the ones who can transition you into an attacking phase at every opportunity. He doesn’t have this vision or mindset when in possession. His only thought is ‘how can I make sure I complete this pass’.

I really am not trying to dig out one of our only players who is putting maximum effort in. It’s just something I have noticed and am open to debate.

I think it is something we should all look out for.

This aged well...

The 3 in midfield should be Holjberg, Ndombele and any one of Lamela, Lo Celso and Dele. Only away against the likes of Liverpool should Sissoko or Winks play with Holjberg.
Even then, I’m not sure that is the right approach. Maybe if we are winning with half hour to go

The 3 in midfield should be Holjberg, Ndombele and any one of Lamela, Lo Celso and Dele. Only away against the likes of Liverpool should Sissoko or Winks play with Holjberg.

GLC yes, the other no thanks.

We should have (already brought in) better options than Lamela and Dele if we want to be a successful club.

Back
Top Bottom