Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is a fine DM.

People are overreacting massively here. He's been run ragged this season and was certainly no worse than most of the bunch yesterday.

We have to lighten the load on him next season and if kept fresh he will be a great squad player.
Hes had a few bad games in a row, needs a little rest.

Him and Son just need a rest
Those 2 have played far too much. I get they are key players but you can tell they are just shattered.
I think it's mainly mental fatigue. When results keep going against us. When you concede inside the first 5 minutes in a grudge match, the "tactical masterplan" goes up in fucking smoke, and you know the narcissistic rage you are facing at half-time.

I think it's mainly mental fatigue. When results keep going against us. When you concede inside the first 5 minutes in a grudge match, the "tactical masterplan" goes up in fucking smoke, and you know the narcissistic rage you are facing at half-time.
I think Lloris may be suffering from that too

Every week the guy is probably just expecting to concede a cheap goal because the 2 in front of him cannot protect his goal well enough

Help me out here. What does a genuine DM do that Pierre does not? Are you looking for a ball-playing DM?
Barrios is phenomenal at closing gaps around the back line, winning back possession and genuinely beating top players to the ball. Hojberg doesn't close gaps, gets lazy and although he wins the ball back, he generally goes square letting the other team get back in position

Barrios is phenomenal at closing gaps around the back line, winning back possession and genuinely beating top players to the ball. Hojberg doesn't close gaps, gets lazy and although he wins the ball back, he generally goes square letting the other team get back in position
I don't think Hojbjerg is at all lazy. I think he gives everything he has got, to be honest with you, and I think that's why he appeals to so many. However, I don't think he has the engine or agility of, say, an Ndidi (I am not familiar with Barrios).

What he does with the ball, I find very hard to stomach.

An outstanding coach like Hassenhuttl couldn't coach it out of him, so you might need to temper your expectations.

I am struggling to see why people are now saying he is not a DM. A few weeks ago, many people were saying he was the best DM in the league. What do people want/expect from a DM?
Many were, not me.
I want someone else to set the tempo, Carrick will do nicely. Let Holjberg run around a la Tainio as I can’t watch him pass back to dumb and dumber

Nothing wrong with him as a player in his role, he's carried a massive burden this year. Hopefully next year with Skipp and hopefully replacements for Winks and Sissoko he can be given a bit of a break and rotated a bit to lighten the load on him.

I actually didn't think he had THAT great of a game.

But it's hard to be critical of anyone who's played in a team that's just won 4-0 and kept a cleansheet. I'm glad that he and Ndombele are continuing to build that chemistry as a two though and are forming a good partnership.

I thought he was meh again tonight.

Idk I don't think he's been that good since that game where he scored against Liverpool

I see players getting past him too easily too much of the time.

I thought he was meh again tonight.

Idk I don't think he's been that good since that game where he scored against Liverpool

I see players getting past him too easily too much of the time.
he seems far too flat footed now. still, an off form hojbjerg is still a million fucking miles better than the likes of winks and sissoko

Back
Top Bottom