Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Skipp will take a bit of load off his shoulders next season. He's done very well in his first year here IMO. I'd expect him to suffer a dip in form with the amount he's played, nothing a couple of weeks off wouldn't fix but we have no other realistic options in his position.

Is it only me that the reason for him to be out there in the last part of the game, is to cancel booking accumulation for next EL round?
Pearce said all bookings "wiped off" in the next round so yesterday's booking was unwanted.
But not a bad trip and game for Hog to miss.

Last edited:
He's a very limited player, simple as that. Good at pressing and running about but his positional awareness and passing have always been sub par for a top club.

I noticed how Woolwich just allowed him to run with the ball whenever he had it because they knew he just wouldn't do shit with it.

Needs to be partnered with a much more disciplined and intelligent player who can control the tempo of the game, a player in the mould of Modric/Mousa/Alonso etc.

He's a very limited player, simple as that. Good at pressing and running about but his positional awareness and passing have always been sub par for a top club.

I noticed how Woolwich just allowed him to run with the ball whenever he had it because they knew he just wouldn't do shit with it.

Needs to be partnered with a much more disciplined and intelligent player who can control the tempo of the game, a player in the mould of Modric/Mousa/Alonso etc.
He definitely needs someone more creative than Sissoko along side him. When he's the free man as a CDM he can usually do ok but when having to operate as one of the 2 possession oriented CMs who face a more intense press, he does not do as well.

Anyone worried by how we don't really dominate midfields when him and Tanguy play.
I have no idea what it is but whenever we play a team at the same level as us or better we seem to get overran in midfield . Those 2 players are quality but maybe they are tired or maybe don't work well together. Idk.

Anyone worried by how we don't really dominate midfields when him and Tanguy play.
I have no idea what it is but whenever we play a team at the same level as us or better we seem to get overran in midfield . Those 2 players are quality but maybe they are tired or maybe don't work well together. Idk.
We've run the midfield with them as a 2 plenty of times recently. They're likely just both completely gassed at this point since our midfield rotation options are crap. We've played the most games of any team in world football (we're either first or econd most, I can't remember).

Tanguy has ability but I'd never suggest that he's quality. For a start he has one good game every 4 or 5 games currently. And when he's bad, like today, he's really bad. He's 24 and has yet to get into double figures in terms of goals in his career. I don't think his actual assists would look too much better either. He also looks like someone who wants to be somewhere else which gets right up my arse.

Had we had Dembele and Eriksen from a few years ago in the side today the result would have no doubt been much different. We're crying out for more quality in the middle of the park.

I notice what you are noticing too but lay the blame at Jose for not knowing how to play positively, possession oriented attacking ball. I simply don't think the players have been coached in how to beat a press, and in the case of a PEH NDom CM 2 that means they have about 5 different triangles to learn between CAM, Winger, fullback, CB and opposite CM. Do we really think jose is doing that for the 4-2-3-1, which was forced on him because was doing do badly playing with a back three? It sure doesn't look like it to me.

defo needs a passer in there with him doesnt he. he looked leggy tonight, probably needs a rest. legs look tired and he looks drained mentally and physically imo.

Back
Top Bottom