Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am not trying to take away from his performances but one negative thing that stand out, IMP. was when he attempted a shot at goal - from an awkward angle - when he easily could have passed the ball to a much better placed Son....or he could have controlled the ball and put it on his right foot instead, as he was not under pressure by any Brentford player.
No big deal some may say, but Spurs were only up 1-0 then and, as we've seen so many times....1 goal up seldom is enough for Spurs.

Another terrible display from this massive clogger

We’re so desperate for quality in midfield - truly embarrassing scenes
That was one of his better games. Against good sides is when he turns into the invisible man and doesn’t get near anyone

...and he has done 90 minutes in every single one of them...some of the stuff he gets from some fans on here is utterly ridiculous IMO.
And now Spurs are no longer a Champions League level club.

Ndombele's 90s/season were comparable for multiple seasons on a CL level Lyon (which earned him a record-breaking transfer fee) to Højbjerg's at bottom-half So'ton.

359FN83.png

9YWYFmt.png

Lest we forget the timeline of our most recent "embarrassment" @ Mura.

1-1, game on, sub Ndombele for Højbjerg and....

ya3S2le.png

That was one of his better games. Against good sides is when he turns into the invisible man and doesn’t get near anyone
The sooner this worthless clogger is eliminated from our midfield - sooner we can climb us the table

We need real quality in midfield - this fraud is downright dangerous in possession

I don't agree with the sentiment but kudos for the Christmas Vacation reference

Starting to dislike him somehow.

He is meant to be a defensive midfielder, no? Made so many inefficient runs forward yesterday, but does so generally. And then tracks back slowly. Skipp had to cover him multiple times.

His passing is okay-ish, trying to stretch it. But his positioning and timing in games is terrible. Everywhere and nowhere. He should be shielding our defence and move the ball quicker.

He’s a decent player with the odd great game. He’s reliable and always gives it all. We have many positions we have to improve before him tho. Quality to be a undisputed starter? Maybe not. But absolutely belongs in any 25 man squad.

He’s a decent player with the odd great game. He’s reliable and always gives it all. We have many positions we have to improve before him tho. Quality to be a undisputed starter? Maybe not. But absolutely belongs in any 25 man squad.

That's how I see it. I'd say, in Conte's current starting XI, about 5 of them are squad player level. Worth keeping, but we need higher level players as the regular starters.

Back
Top Bottom