Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte got him stroking it around like Pirlo.

Amazing stuff going on.
His medium range balls over the top are really nice. I swear he didn't have this in his locker under Mourinho.

If he could do the same with his finishing, he'd be so so good. He makes a lot of smart late runs into the box but screws up the actual shot.

Immense goal today, actually scored a couple decent ones for us now.

He gets pelters, but he’s a damn useful player to have in the squad and I think that will be abundantly clear when Bissouma and Skipp are fit and reintegrated and PEH doesn’t have to start every single game.

An absolute snip of a deal too considering we paid under 15m.

He gets pelters, but he’s a damn useful player to have in the squad and I think that will be abundantly clear when Bissouma and Skipp are fit and reintegrated and PEH doesn’t have to start every single game.

great goal, hes got that bottom corner placement in his locker from just outside the box for sure. do think the intensity today was too much for him in there though. think bentancur handled it slightly better than PEH and other than the goal he had a poor game.

bissouma was needed today where he can skip round a man in the middle and break the lines and create an overload in attack. chelsea were bang up for it and you need that something special when the other team are all dogging it.

great goal, hes got that bottom corner placement in his locker from just outside the box for sure. do think the intensity today was too much for him in there though. think bentancur handled it slightly better than PEH and other than the goal he had a poor game.

bissouma was needed today where he can skip round a man in the middle and break the lines and create an overload in attack. chelsea were bang up for it and you need that something special when the other team are all dogging it.
He’s a good not great player, very useful to have in the squad but there will be some games that go by him if he’s not in top nick.

Realistically this side is probably lacking a world class midfielder unless Conte turns Bissouma into a dynamo. PEH, Bentancur, and Skipp are all somewhere in the 7-8.5/10 range rather than Kane, Son, Romero, and maybe even Kulusevski who can be 10/10.

But it’s also really hard to find world class players and our current group is very solid.

Are you American or just shit?

He’s a good not great player, very useful to have in the squad but there will be some games that go by him if he’s not in top nick.

Realistically this side is probably lacking a world class midfielder unless Conte turns Bissouma into a dynamo. PEH, Bentancur, and Skipp are all somewhere in the 7-8.5/10 range rather than Kane, Son, Romero, and maybe even Kulusevski who can be 10/10.

But it’s also really hard to find world class players and our current group is very solid.
agree, fantastic squad player to have, and hes built a good partnership with bentancur that will be fine against majority of sides, but in a high intensity game like today he lacks that bit of sharpness and mobility needed.

love having PEH though he is a warrior, knows the dark arts and wont roll over. maybe they all will start to be rotated though, think against wolves we will see more of the new boys.

Sorry. You are shit
Awkward Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

I feel like PEH is Simon Sineks medium-performer, high-trust guy. In the absence of a high-performance, high-trust alternative managers want him in their team and you can understand why.

A bit like Dirk Kuyt.

He’s a good player and Bardis hate for him on the podcast is dumb. I think 8 is the player people are least able to judge. Unless they’re Modric level people are not able to see it.

He’s a good player and Bardis hate for him on the podcast is dumb. I think 8 is the player people are least able to judge. Unless they’re Modric level people are not able to see it.

Agreed. I believe Hojbjerg was left out for one game under Conte and we promptly lost 2-0 to Wolves.

He is not the most technical midfielder but he is not the least technical either. At this moment in time the team is better with him in it and every single one of his managers has agreed on that. The hate he gets from some supporters is absolutely daft.

Back
Top Bottom